UV mapping textures not loading anymore

kalapada

Reactions
So I'm not 100% sure if UV mapping is the correct thing at play here but when I load various different clothing items or skins, the detail in the textures don't seem to load anymore. This was previously working just fine before today. The only link to what caused it I could think of was I ran out of memory to which VAM crashed, but that has happened multiple times in the past and never encountered this issue before. I've rebooted my pc to make sure it wasn't an issue with memory but still the issue persists. For reference, below is what I'm referring to, where the left picture is what the texture is suppsoed to look like with the extra detail and the right it what I'm now getting, more plain and flat looking:

vam_uv_issue.png

Not sure how to fix this and would appreciate any help.

You can try reset or loading the defaults of that clothing piece, and if that doesn't work perhaps clearing the cache and restarting VAM.

I was able to finally fix the issue by just doing a complete fresh install of VAM on another drive. Something must have corrupted in the original install paths somewhere. Was able to copy over all the .var and other misc file content over and all worked, no need to redownload any packages either.

I guess if anyone else encounters this issue in the future, a completely fresh install seems to be the only resolution.

I was able to finally fix the issue by just doing a complete fresh install of VAM on another drive. Something must have corrupted in the original install paths somewhere. Was able to copy over all the .var and other misc file content over and all worked, no need to redownload any packages either.

I guess if anyone else encounters this issue in the future, a completely fresh install seems to be the only resolution.
You can try and reset the cache , it may help in the future.

Back
Top Bottom