Using DLL's

fabio

Reactions
Is it possible to compile and deploy .net or .netcore libraries for VaM? I'm compiling simple classes derived from MVRScript and no matter what version of .net or .netcore I try to compile them I get the following error after I try to load them

System.Security.SecurityException: Security Check Failed (NamespaceRestriction)
The namespace 'System.Reflection' is prohibited and cannot be referenced

This is a huge limitation, I had planned to migrate the development to visual studio so I could play and mix Vam scripting, C#, unity and c++ code easily. Not to mention, download and play with GitHub projects.

Currently I'm using Notepad++ and compiling with dotnet build command line to fix errors. But, is there any way to compile MVRSCripts as DLL's with VS and be able to use them?

Oh well, I can play inside a VS project all I want and deploy the .cs sources instead of the compiled DLL. It's working. Using VS is good for organizing the code and the Intelllicode feature ^^

You can build a DLL. However, when you use the VS project template for example, by default System.Reflection is referenced. Like some other things like file operations that's a forbidden namespace in VaM due to security reasons. You just have to remove the AssemblyInfo.cs and potentially some of the references.

Back
Top Bottom