Solved Upgrading PC just for VaM, so, what's top of the line hardware VaM look like?

Vamuser123

Reactions
My build I am waiting for the parts to arrive for:
RTX 4090
AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3D
64GB (2x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 CL36
Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB (already have from old build)
I am pretty PC noob but I reckon those are the important specs to post.

I am upgrading from a RTX 3060 and a AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with 32gb ram ddr4 about 3k MT/s I believe. Before upgrade I was playing on max everything settings except 1.25 resolution, and I was struggling to add hair/clothing/environments. Even without any of that it can get pretty kinda laggy.

What about with this upgrade? Steady FPS with hair and clothing and an environment at 2 resolution? DLSS 3 alone must help so much?

Edit: I meant for VR, also I have about 4500 vars and 270GB VaM folder size.

Last edited:
Performance depends heavily on the scene. I have a I9 14900kf and a RTX 4080 and some scene's struggle to get atleast 30fps.

If you use a scene with a single character, with normal textures, smaller environment, three light sources, then sure you will have a very good FPS.

If you have a large scene, with high res textures, more then three characters, five or six light sources (or more), then you will see the fps drop significant. Even with a RTX 4090.

It heavily depends on the scene. I have for example a scene, with a high res textures, high res realtime reflections and 8 light sources in native 4k and you can see that my computer struggle to keep 30 fps.

But overall, the most scenes will run perfectly. Since most scenes on the VaM hub doesn't have more then three characters or doesn't have insane lighting setups.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Thanks, exactly what I wanted to hear. I tend to stick to 2 people tops and small env, 4 light source rig, not many if any reflections(mirrors example), but max everything else settings in VR. By the sounds of it it will run perfectly in these circumstances as I had hoped. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom