timeline sitting idle animation

janet67

Reactions
Maybe this is out there already, I would like a cozy room or a bar setting, with a person sitting comfortably in a chair or stool. Crossing and uncrossing their legs and adjusting their seat. Maybe changing positions in the chair once in a while. maybe a cigarette or drink in one hand. My idea is to use the Chat AI in the Alive plugin, and the extra movement and head and face expressions within alive, and a few other plugins. I like timeline, because it works well with Alive, where as the VAM animation does not. This would really help the immersion when chatting with the person.

Have you considered trying IdlePoser?

Have you considered trying IdlePoser?
Thanks for your response. I remembered I did download and spent an hour or so with this plugin in the past. I am sure it is incredible, no question. I could get it do some things, but it was not consistent, and I never quite grasped the why and what was causing different things to happen. I never did get it to work the way I wanted, or would seem to work and then stop working, and I did not know why. I am sure it does everything you say, and the issue was my understanding. Maybe I will give it another try when I have some time. I read your tutorial and it explains a lot of things, but I still don't clearly have a step by step process in my head on how to do get things done. I think I do best, when there is also a video, like a walk through of the setup of the demo you created. I know its just me, a lot of his stuff is just not intuitive to me. I do not expect you to make an instructional video just for me, and I know a lot of people are probably using this plugin to its fullest capabilities with great success. I think a lot of this stuff, has a bigger learning curve for me, as I do not have the back ground and experience a lot of VAM users have. Really, I am more of a player than a creator, but I do like to try things now and then and tinker, and have learned a lot in using VAM, just at a slower pace then the average user. I am sure if I had more free time to put into this stuff, I would start picking it up faster. I think what I had in mind originally is more of a mocap, in time line, (that maybe already exists) to give it the more realistic movement, then I could use alive, which works pretty well with timeline, to get some interesting random movements into it. I know and use many other great plugins, for triggers and randomness, and so forth, including some of yours, which I am grateful for. I do not even need the setting or location, just a time line, that I can put in any scene that I want.

Making an animation with changing positions, taking a drink and what not is quiet a complex and long animation. I'd say do your very best in Timeline yourself. Could take hours if well done.

And if someone else would do an animation it has to fit to your model and scene. Otherwise it could be a big mess.

Last edited:
Making an animation with changing positions, taking a drink and what not is quiet a complex and long animation. I'd say do your very best in Timeline yourself. Could take hours if well done.

And if someone else would do an animation it has to fit to your model and scene. Otherwise it could be a big mess.
I understand, I am not really looking for something complex, and I was hoping to find something that already existed. I have found a few that with a little tweaking really are not too bad. I might be able to string some of the animations together a few with triggers.

Back
Top Bottom