Question Timeline questions: Running multiple animations for one person, merging animations?

NSFV

Reactions
I am working on a scene using timeline for the first time. I've made most of it, but realized I might need to merge some animations or something.

Anyways, I have 2 animations on a person that I'm trying to run at the same time. I am not sure this is possible because if I start a different animation while another one is running it stops the first animation and plays the second. They are not running the same "targets". One is working on genitals and is a looping 2 second animation and the other is moving the head, and is 8 seconds long. I am not sure if I can run two animations at once or if I am going to need to merge the animations into one.

I know I can copy one animation into the timeline of another, but is there some way to merge them or two at once?

Solution
I am working on a scene using timeline for the first time. I've made most of it, but realized I might need to merge some animations or something.

Anyways, I have 2 animations on a person that I'm trying to run at the same time. I am not sure this is possible because if I start a different animation while another one is running it stops the first animation and plays the second. They are not running the same "targets". One is working on genitals and is a looping 2 second animation and the other is moving the head, and is 8 seconds long. I am not sure if I can run two animations at once or if I am going to need to merge the animations into one.

I know I can copy one animation into the timeline of another, but is there some way to...

I know I can copy one animation into the timeline of another, but is there some way to merge them or two at once?
The easiest way to do what you want is to add another timeline instance, it will be completely independent from all other timelines you might have, as long as you switch off synchronization, or use unique animation names for each timeline instance.

And yes, you can merge animations but its not very easy/intuitive, simply using another timeline instance is much easier.

Upvote 1
Solution
The easiest way to do what you want is to add another timeline instance, it will be completely independent from all other timelines you might have, as long as you switch off synchronization, or use unique animation names for each timeline instance.

And yes, you can merge animations but its not very easy/intuitive, simply using another timeline instance is much easier.
Wow, that is very smart. I never realized you could have two instances of a plugin on a single atom. Thanks for this idea.

Upvote 0
I think you need to use layers I believe. Go into create animation tab and create a layer.
I wasn't so sure about a layer, because the two animations are different length and they have to start at different times. I think the other response makes more sense. I will test layers in the future, however, as I'd really like to learn the use cases, though it might seem like they are more for convenience than utility.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom