Timeline question

neglegent

Reactions
Is there a way to animate the facial expressions using time line? As well as the tongue? Thanks.

I'm just learning but I think one way is to add expressions as targets in the acidbubbles timeline. In the plugin I think you can add sliders from the morph/pose section as animatable targets and then keyframe them. There are some expression sliders there. I was trying to do the same thing with the hands.

I'm still not quite grasping the timeline though so I could be way off. I'm not sure how it worked before acidbubbles and I'm not sure if the plugin completely replaces the VAM timeline or if its just to animate one character and then all your characters animations have to be put together on VAMS timeline?

I'm used to rendering linear movies. If you're using a plugin that does expressions I don't know what you're supposed to do if you I want it keyframed. I'm kind of running into the same problem with bvh player. If I import a bvh how do I put it in the scene with another character that also has the plugin loaded with a bvh file?

Look at this thread: you don't care about the part that explains how to link morph animations to a UI Slider, but it includes the full explanation on how to add any morph to be animated in Timeline.

And there are many default morphs for the tongue, so the answer is yes.

Hey ZRSX I’m having an issue where adding facial morphs to a new animation distorts the face of all of my previous animations. If I add several (like 10) mouth/tongue morphs to a new timeline animation, it looks fine to me until I reload my save. After I reload, the person atom’s face is horribly mutated on all the animations.
I would love to figure out what it is I’m doing wrong with this. It’s been an issue I’ve had everytime I’ve used timeline to animate multiple facial morphs. I don’t notice anything weird until I start adding a considerable amount of morphs.
I have to be really conservative about what I add, or my person atom’s face turns into a hideously distorted ruination.

VAM has problems - not sure if too many vars or too many morphs - after a while persons can be "strange" - for me usually hands and arms become deformed. But maybe faces too - can't remember. Hard reset in VAM solves the problem. Or using var browser which limits the burden inside vam.

VAM has problems - not sure if too many vars or too many morphs - after a while persons can be "strange" - for me usually hands and arms become deformed. But maybe faces too - can't remember. Hard reset in VAM solves the problem. Or using var browser which limits the burden inside vam.
I've also noticed that custom looks, when applied with new morphs can completely reset to a base model with the morphs applied without the custom look after a scene load. I am thinking this happens when I rename the person atom to something other than it's original name from the original creator. All of this stuff is just learning the game though. I can't be too bummed about it since It's always really gratifying to think you've solved a problem. I literally spent so much time trying to find the source of this particular issue, until finally I created a scene with the same look and morphs and so far nothing has happened. Like I said, I think it's because I haven't renamed the person atom. Not going to mess with that this time. Ha

I don't think name has anything to this. Heavy VAM installation = strange distortions after some time. Resource management inside VAM has bugs. Missing textures, missing morphs, not loaded vars, slow search in some fields - that's all bugs that should be addressed long time ago.

You are probably right. My vam archives are a mess. I'm probably going to start from scratch at some point.

Back
Top Bottom