The Awakened - Episode 1

Scenes The Awakened - Episode 1

ZRSX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
zrsx
ZRSX submitted a new resource:

The Awakened - Episode 1 - A new series following a guy with a pretty unique superpower

The story
What if monsters started to invade our planet? What if at the same time some people were given strange powers by something called "The System"? What would you do if you'd become one of the chosen ones? Be ready to be... unique!

I invite you to immerse yourselves in this universe with this new series!

View attachment 98830

What is included
You've got...

Read more about this resource...

A bit more feedback here @ZRSX ! Interesting project!

- Never take control of the camera for any reason, unless it is something the player is ready to absorb OR if it's in a context where it's meant to be ( a vehicle, a spaceship, a train... ). You can't say "for people who have motion..." in a situation like your intro.

Any person will get motion sickness with this. You're in a pretty much black situation before the cam moves, there is absolutely no pre-emptive information that gives the player the idea that he's gonna move, and he is not in a vehicle.

You may have less motion sickness in this situation because you're the creator of the scene. You exactly know what is gonna happen and your brain is already processing the next phrase of the intro. Player (like me), even with a great VR stomach, are not, especially at first run.

So unless you're in a car, or vehicle, never ever do that, it's painful and result in a bad feeling. That's not something you want the players to remember! You can do an awesome intro in VR and make it a memorable tiny moment and ensure that everyone is not barfing before the interesting part :p

That said, really cool ideas. I like the XP stuff, reminds me of animes or movies that had similar concepts with powers and levels. This is going to be an interesting thing if you keep it rollin'

The summoning from the screen was actually pretty nice! (good use case of negative particles)

You may have less motion sickness in this situation because you're the creator of the scene. You exactly know what is gonna happen and your brain is already processing the next phrase of the intro. Player (like me), even with a great VR stomach, are not, especially at first run.
Thanks for the feedback!
Well, I don't have motion sickness with this simply because... I don't have any VR headset 😅

I was just guessing this kind of cam control could induce motion sickness: hence the warning in the description (in "How to use" section, in case you've missed it)! I should make it more obvious now that I know that is indeed troublesome.

I suppose I could do an alternate intro, or 2 start buttons: so the user has control over whether or not a camride will occur. I'll work on an update!

Thanks for the feedback!
Well, I don't have motion sickness with this simply because... I don't have any VR headset 😅

I was just guessing this kind of cam control could induce motion sickness: hence the warning in the description (in "How to use" section, in case you've missed it)! I should make it more obvious now that I know that is indeed troublesome.

I suppose I could do an alternate intro, or 2 start buttons: so the user has control over whether or not a camride will occur. I'll work on an update!

With the lore you're trying to put in place, I think you could simply rip this intro and make something really worth to see in VR : )

With the lore you're trying to put in place, I think you could simply rip this intro and make something really worth to see in VR : )
Yeah, I think I see what you mean, but I'm also trying to keep the dependencies at minimum.
Your stuff is already taking up 4 dependencies, grrr! ... Haha, I'm kidding, those are awesome resources and couldn't have thought of doing such a scene without them!

I wanted to do an intro with the characters you're seeing the the video, but that would add clothing + looks and related morphs, maybe some city assets... too much for a small intro scene!

Yeah, I think I see what you mean, but I'm also trying to keep the dependencies at minimum.
Your stuff is already taking up 4 dependencies, grrr! ... Haha, I'm kidding, those are awesome resources and couldn't have thought of doing such a scene without them!

I wanted to do an intro with the characters you're seeing the the video, but that would add clothing + looks and related morphs, maybe some city assets... too much for a small intro scene!

I'm throwing an idea there, you can just ignore it. But... why not making it a video with these characters ? If you know how to make a custom asset, let me describe something :

Just a simple black area like you did, a TV and the video going on with your narration, and you possess by default the character with embody (passenger mode) and make it swap channels at the right time with each step of the narration. ( you can animate a character without the cam moving, that's actually pretty cool ).

Cool combo : when the intro is finished, you can make a menu out of the television for all your episodes.

Sorry... that's just me riffin' x']

Hi @ZRSX

Such good use of hazmhox plugins, beautifully done.
Just a small note regarding those who like to do possession/passenger in VR, the Cum button is behind the male. If this button could be placed a little further it be in view also for Passenger junkies like me :D
Thanks again for the scene.

I'm throwing an idea there, you can just ignore it. But... why not making it a video with these characters ? If you know how to make a custom asset, let me describe something :
I like the idea! I'll keep it for later on, when I'll have several episodes. That way I could do a separate package for the intro, with dependencies to all the episodes.
I'd rather do that properly rather than a quick cheap-ass version right know because I don't have enough time :)

I don't even have to do a CUA for this, I could do it with VamSander video plugin, as I did on the computer screen (yeah I know, the movements are so little it's barely noticeable that it is a video and no a static image...)

Just a small note regarding those who like to do possession/passenger in VR, the Cum button is behind the male. If this button could be placed a little further it be in view also for Passenger junkies like me :D
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I put the button here intentionally so you have to position the camera where you'll have the best cum view (while not on passenger, obviously).
I did think it wouldn't be on a good place for Embody but I left it as is because I was unsure Embody would be appropriate for this scene in VR anyway.
So, as a Passenger junkie, could you tell me how do it renders? Are you not too close from the system screen?

If it's not too shabby, I'll do an update with this fix + a toggle for Embody ;)

Last edited:
It worked well using Passenger 🧟‍♂️
The buttons for acknowledging indeed were a little close but still readable. They were still in view and it's not a sex part, so possession wasn't so important there anyway :)

I just tried it again with Embody on... Well, you're missing all the dialogues (within speech bubbles)!
Kind of problematic for the story :p

I've got to use another way for displaying them. Either UIText or as subtitles with Overlay.
Overlay would be best, but I've got to find a way to display the subtitles only if Embody is active. Or I should dump the speech bubbles to only keep the subtitles.

I just tried it again with Embody on... Well, you're missing all the dialogues (within speech bubbles)!
Kind of problematic for the story :p

I've got to use another way for displaying them. Either UIText or as subtitles with Overlay.
Overlay would be best, but I've got to find a way to display the subtitles only if Embody is active. Or I should dump the speech bubbles to only keep the subtitles.
Ah right, true.
The thing is I was playing it first without embody and then half-way for some reason VAM crashed. I followed the dialogs on that first run, and then on the second run, now with embody, I forgot that I didn't see them in that viewpoint.

ZRSX updated The Awakened - Episode 1 with a new update entry:

VR-friendly mode

A technical update to add a "VR-friendly version".
In this new update, you've got a "Desktop" version and a "VR version" of both scenes.

What is different in those VR version:
  • Intro for VR:
    • The VR version has no cam ride anymore, avoiding motion sickness issues
  • Main scene for VR:
    • The VR version has a "Activate Embody" button toggle. Be aware that the scene wasn't initially made for Embody; you'll be real close to some screens. But it's up to you to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom