Question Testicle deformation with physics.

Degenerate_Weeb

Reactions
Twitter
Degenerate_Weeb
I've got various futa characters but their balls feel static i.e the don't deform much like you'd expect them to.

Does VaM even have testicle physics?

If yes, how to make it work properly?
If no, are there any alternatives?

-thanks

Unfortunately the male figure has some basic errors like missing colliders, distorted testicles, a.s.o. It never has got as much love as the female figure. This is a known bug, but the female figure and other features had always priority in the VaM development. This is no criticism, it was how it was, back in that time. We all wanted new exiting features.
As you may know, the developer(s) of VaM is (are) in the middle of developing a brand new, comletely re-written version of VaM. Untill that long-awaited future Version, we will (most likely) see no fix for those issues any more.

Maybe you can use the Collider Editor plugin from Acid Bubbles to clear the mess a bit, or maybe you look at the Supplementary Colliders For Male by Urukyay if that adds colliders to work with... maybe there will be a plugin that solves this issue some days.
But "as it is" the male testicles in VaM are buggy as hell.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately the male figure has some basic errors like missing colliders, distorted testicles, a.s.o. It never has got as much love as the female figure. This is a known bug, but the female figure and other features had always priority in the VaM development. This is no criticism, it was how it was, back in that time. We all wanted new exiting features.
As you may know, the developer(s) of VaM is (are) in the middle of developing a brand new, comletely re-written version of VaM. Untill that long-awaited future Version, we will (most likely) see no fix for those issues any more.

Maybe you can use the Collider Editor plugin from Acid Bubbles to clear the mess a bit, or maybe you look at the Supplementary Colliders For Male by Urukyay if that adds colliders to work with... maybe there will be a plugin that solves this issue some days.
But "as it is" the male testicles in VaM are buggy as hell.

Ah, bummer.

Thanks for the suggestions, but that messing with the sliders sounds like a bit too much work xD

Excited to hear about this new version, would like to know more.

Upvote 0
I'd expect a workflow from VAM Developers regarding the current horrible Male Testicles Physics behaviror.
This is really a VAM 1.xxxx APP creativity killer for me.

Since VaM 2 will be "as heard of " incompatible with VaM 1.x...
i would sure expect a VAM V 1 .x " FINAL" tech fix from the VAM Developers.

This is a major VAM V1 BUG and its so annoying seing the male testicles moving / twisting around so stupido far beyond any logical physics.

Speechless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Degenerate_Weeb
The new version will be (hopefully) better in most regards. It will make better use of modern Unity engine, therefore has better hardware usage and is more performant, will have a new render engine for much nicer visual quality, will feature the new(er) DAZ Genesis 8 figure with much better joint bending, better technical stuff and more detailed HD morphs, and -last but not least- it is a good chance to go through all of the old code of old VaM and solve all old oddities and errors.
Unfortunately we are waiting for this version for more than a year and it might be another year till it is completely usable. Developing the current VaM has last 4 years minimum.

@Lione I don't think there will be more work put in VaM 1.x anymore. Once V2 is out, nobody would care. They will be running together for a given time, till all features of V1 are running in V2, too, but everybody would demand to hurry up and forget about the old version. This is the same how those old bugs are still in the current version. New features are always more exiting for the community than just clean out old bugs. No criticism! I was one of them. Maybe some of the community coders will find a way to convert some of the stuff, but it will only be "some".

Upvote 0
I'd be happy if "some" would jump on that ;)

My fears are only that VAM 2 will not be compatible to V1 ( what i hear currently people discussing the V2 ) and then we are left with this Situation of Ball Twister Blairwitch in a otherwise mostly great Application.

Upvote 0
Yes, I see this as a big issue, too.
Imagine: VaM 2.0 will finally be ready, but no content available anymore!
What a nightmare!
I bet, MeshedVR has this nightmare, too.

But this is indeed a big technological issue. Coming from DAZ3D I know, that Genesis 2 and Genesis 8 are highly incompatible. It would be an other thing, if it was Genesis 3 to Genesis 8.
In theory it is possible to convert stuff, but it is a pain the ass.
There is those DAZ tool GenX to convert morphs and looks, there are body shape clones to auto-fit clothes, UV clones and a uv-mapping tool in DAZ to convert skins...
But none of this is working without issues and the results are far away of being perfect. For looks transferred with GenX I would even use the word "catastrophic".

For the company behind DAZ and all content designers earning money from it, this might even be intentional: With a new (and better) incompatible figure generation, millions of DAZ customers are buying tons of new stuff (or old stuff new). For DAZ it makes no difference, as the old figures are always still usable, but speaking of VaM using those DAZ stuff, it is a horrible thing.

If MeshedVR would really manage to write a working auto converter, at the cost of hundreds of additional hours of work, I would call him a genius who has solved an issue that was a torture (and very expenssive) for millions of DAZ users for many many years.
Even Custom Unity Assets might eventually be incompatiple with the new Unity version.
Maybe we can use at least our scenes and "just" replace the figures... if not VaM 2.0 uses completely other scene creation mechanisms.
Lets hope for the best and believe in our great community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom