Question Taking full control

H37IX

Reactions
I'm new here but just wondering, is there a way to fully control the models using vr? sort of like VRC where you can have a friend in another avi controlling it. If not, is this something that will be in developed in near the future? I've been developing some things in vrc and wondering about switching over here but really love the mocap controls in vrc. just not a fan of all their rules.

I never used VRChat, so no idea what it's like.

VaM is a soft-body physics sandbox mainly used for sexual actions and interests. There's no social aspect built-in, and I'm going to bet there won't be either for 2.0, natively at least, maybe someone can expand that with a plugin.
One of the features present is called possession, and as the name goes, you get to control a person atom depending on the equipment you have and how much you want to control. A common use of possession with VR headsets that most people have, headset + 2 controllers, is to control the head and arms, but a controller can be assigned to a hip, a foot, etc. And if you have trackers like the Vive system, then you can have multiple control points and do a lot more, there's several creators making MOCAP animation like this and with suits, etc.

While possession is built-in, I suggest you use the excellent plugin Embody from AcidBubbles, which gives you a much improved experience and customisation.

Upvote 0
It's been a while since I posted here but I finally got the hang of everything except I can't get my trackers to work properly. I'm using custom made slimeVR and they work great in other apps just not in VAM. I did, however, get to still film using the wonderful plugins you mentioned and a few hacks i did myself. I will be posting all assets used on our fandom. You can check out a sample here:

enjoy ;)

Upvote 0
Note that there is a multiplayer plugin floating around somewhere. (Never tried it, though.)

I've been messing w that and metachat. Lots of crashes but im getting the hang of what I can and cant do here. It had me wondering if there was a way to make it so physics and maybe collisions are disabled while players are moving each other or grabbing on to avoid desync and explosions?

We use vam locally on the same network so no big issues with latency. I'm using the lipsync and mic plugins for lips as well as the facialcaptureplugin since i have the trudepth cam on an iphone here. My biggest issue w trackers are understanding where the connection is broken between my steamvr and vam. I did follow the trello link, though steamvr bindings are different today and i was confused at first if maybe i was in the wrong menu. If I get it working I'll make a post showing everything I had to do so others w same issue can follow.

I do have major latency issues when using the quest mic for lipsyc but using an ASIO its pretty great. though, i need to reset the mic plugin often to keep it from eventually lagging behind. I set up a button in a scene to make it easy to just hit and it will reset, mouth starts following w no delay again. would be nice to have mic choice built into the rt lipsync plugin so it can not only use preloaded audio but also mic.

For audio in metachat we found sometimes using discord is easiest but still trying things out.

I'm just starting to take a look at all the code in the plugins im using, so soon ill have a better understanding if I can hack something together to get what i need, then share for others to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom