Resource icon

via5

Reactions
via5 submitted a new resource:

Synergy - A plugin for creating random animations.

Synergy is a plugin that can create random animations based on a variety of parameters.

At its core, Synergy has the notion of steps and modifiers. Each step can contain one or more modifiers, which are used to drive certain parameters such as forces on a rigidbody or morph values. A step has a duration, which is used to synchronise the modifiers. Once the duration has elapsed, Synergy moves on to the next step.

See Getting...

Read more about this resource...

This is a great plugin for adding a feeling of real life to people.
However, it doesnt work that well with Plugin Presets if the Persons name has changed. It would be great if you could somehow select <CONTAINING ATOM> as the Atom for Rigidbody movement. That would allow a pre-defined Synergy setting to be applied to any character as a plugin preset (irrespective of the atom name of the character).

an example scene would be very helpful

My previous version on github had a simple one, but I forgot to include it in this release. I'll come up with something in the next few days.

However, it doesnt work that well with Plugin Presets if the Persons name has changed. It would be great if you could somehow select <CONTAINING ATOM> as the Atom for Rigidbody movement.

I initially built Synergy to make animations for specific scenes, not really reuse them. It's really meant to be included only once in a scene on an arbitrary atom and then control all the other atoms from that single instance, as opposed to, let's say, Timeline, which must be added to every atom and synchronized using animation names. For example, a single instance of Synergy can create synchronized movements in multiple atoms simultaneously, as well as control lights and arbitrary storables on other atoms, such as Timeline animations or MacGruber's Breathing plugin.

Instead of VAM plugin presets, you can use presets within Synergy , which can use an `$ATOM` placeholder to use the containing atom instead. In the meantime, I'll see if I can come up with something simple and reliable for generalized placeholders, but I'm not sure what I'd do if different atoms were used in the same instance, for example.

I've released 3.2 with a few fixes and a simple example. It runs for about a minute.

Hey there, I'm not on Discord so I thought I'd mention here that on the Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 the VR menu controls are very buggy for me. No matter what I do I can't get the menu to show up more than a split second, hardly enough time to do the "half squeeze trigger" technique to pin it open.

What's weird to me is that I see there is a time control for how many seconds before the menu shows up so logically I would think if you set it to zero the menu would be up all the time, or in the other direction at 5 seconds it would stay visible for that long but neither of those things happen for me.

Ideally it would be perfect if you could just assign the menu popup to the X or Y left controller button on the Quest 2, or maybe squeezing both triggers at the same time could bring up the menu, and squeezing both again makes it go away. Anything other than that half squeeze thing would be so much better.

Like you said in your instructions, not having the menu availble kind of makes the plugin mostly useless so I hope you'll change this. I would bet a lot more people have a Quest 2 than an Index now. Or if I'm just doing it wrong please let me know. Thank you!

Just an update to mention another user pointed out the press finger on the A or B button to bring up the menu so that seems to be working. Was that in the instructions? If I missed it, my apologies.

Hi @via5 , I love this powerful plugin. The only disadvantage for me is, there is almost nothing able to trigger externally within the plugin settings.
E.g. I would like to use it for facial expressions and trigger differend moods of a person. This could be realized by loading presets from external trigger. Do you think its possible to integrate such functions?
Keep it up and cheers,
r

The only disadvantage for me is, there is almost nothing able to trigger externally within the plugin settings. E.g. I would like to use it for facial expressions and trigger differend moods of a person. This could be realized by loading presets from external trigger.

I'm not sure I understand. There's a storable modifier you can add to trigger things or you can make Synergy's parameters animatable so they can be driven from another plugin. Can you clarify what you're trying to do?

I'm not sure I understand. There's a storable modifier you can add to trigger things or you can make Synergy's parameters animatable so they can be driven from another plugin. Can you clarify what you're trying to do?

Hi and thx for reply.

If I try to edit trigger action e.g. from an UI Button, the only possible aqctions are "enable" and "dummy" (see screenshot). I would like to enable/disable steps or load previously save presets. This way you could easily switch between animated facial expressions which could represent triggerable moods.
Cheers,
r
symdiscuss.jpg

Back
Top Bottom