Super Pubes - Decals & Hair

Textures Super Pubes - Decals & Hair

miketruck69

Featured Contributor
Reactions
miketruck69 submitted a new resource:

Super Pubes - Decals & Hair - A pack of pubic hair decal textures, with accompanying hair models to augment the 3D look.

These have been designed so that the texture decals should look fairly good by themselves, and the hair items just augment them and give a little more depth. The 3D hair items probably won't look good by themselves.

Drawn on a tablet based on real models. If there's enough interest I might do some more, including more blonde/ginger/other colours.

Also includes one female armpit texture and hair, and a set of male full body hair texture decals for limbs, torso and genitals. I haven't...

Read more about this resource...

Great job, but is there an issue with the offset of the mesh pubes? They only stick out from the skin a tiny bit, like most of it is hidden under the skin. They still work quite well to add depth to the pube decals, but don't look much like your previews.

Great job, but is there an issue with the offset of the mesh pubes? They only stick out from the skin a tiny bit, like most of it is hidden under the skin. They still work quite well to add depth to the pube decals, but don't look much like your previews.
Thanks for the feedback. I've just tested and I haven't been able to replicate that I'm afraid, they seem fine to me. I only used the hair customiser within VAM, not any external modelling tools, and I'm fairly new to it so I'm not sure what the problem might be. If anyone else experiences this or has any suggestions I'd appreciate the input.

For reference this is what the 'normal2' one looks like close up from the side:
1619603981.jpg

The fact that the hair sticks out straight for a certain distance at the root isn't ideal, but I couldn't find any way round that within the VAM tools.

Edit: I should point out that a lot of them don't poke out even as much as the above and are designed to only just be visible. I just found that some of the designs only benefited from very, very subtle augmentation and didn't look quite right to me with anything more. If you do want more of the mesh models you can always tweak the hair length, width and curl settings anyway.

Last edited:
Hi! I have a problem too.

Attachments

• 002988.jpg
    002988.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi! I have a problem too.
Hi, that's how the hair should look, you just need to apply the decal texture as well for the full look :)

Go to Skin Textures and Select Texture under Gens, then navigate to the folder Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\AllBodyHair_SuperPubes\ within the VAR and find the texture with the same name as the hair item you've selected.

How can I have missed this!? I am a pubes fanatic! Ima test these out and see! I am also currently working with the same strategy - I create decals and then pubes meshes and the result is amazing. I use the decals/mesh approach on all my pubes nowadays. I haven't compiled a package of my work yet, but all my characters that I upload use this system!

Good job!

I believe I have the files in the correct place, However they arn't appering in my game. Any help would be great x

Attachments

• Cap1ture.PNG
    Cap1ture.PNG
    619.3 KB · Views: 0
I believe I have the files in the correct place, However they arn't appering in my game. Any help would be great x
Your texture files are in the right place, and if you've put the .var file in your AddonPackages folder then the hair items should be there also.

You've typed 'mike' in the search box in that screen shot - that won't work to find them as that word isn't included in the item names. Click on 'Creator Filter' and select MikeTruck to see all of them.

The hair files are just one part of it though, the texture decals are the main part of the look and you need to add them from another menu. Go to Skin Textures and in the Decal selection click Select next to Gens, then find the files from there. For larger ones that get cut off, add the same texture under Torso.

Just updated the instructions in the description to make this clearer.

Your texture files are in the right place, and if you've put the .var file in your AddonPackages folder then the hair items should be there also.

You've typed 'mike' in the search box in that screen shot - that won't work to find them as that word isn't included in the item names. Click on 'Creator Filter' and select MikeTruck to see all of them.

The hair files are just one part of it though, the texture decals are the main part of the look and you need to add them from another menu. Go to Skin Textures and in the Decal selection click Select next to Gens, then find the files from there. For larger ones that get cut off, add the same texture under Torso.

Just updated the instructions in the description to make this clearer.
Thanks for the help! All sorted

Back
Top Bottom