[Subscene] BDSM devices

Assets [Subscene] BDSM devices

ZRSX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
zrsx
ZRSX submitted a new resource:

[Subscene] BDSM device: The Frame - An animated BDSM device: you're in control!

This is a subscene, not an asset. This prop is 100% built within VAM and has absolutely no dependencies. You can customize every part at will.

What it is?

This is a fully functional, animated BDSM device.

It holds a person in a helpless cross position (pose included). It also allows you to rotate and change the height, for a better view or easy insertion of... anything.
As it's...

Read more about this resource...

Known issue:
Sometime some parts of the device move out of place after a while.
Just reload the subscene if that happens (hit the big "Load SubScene" button in the "SubScene" tab): demo.

I've logged the issue here, if you want more details:

I'll try to fix it in a future update by using another method of parenting.

A word on saving a scene with the device:
VAM AnimationPatterns are used to control the devices. One thing to know about them is that they reset to their default position upon saving.
That can be annoying :)

To avoid / fix that, you've got 2 options:
  1. Remove the AnimationPatterns that are not at their default position before saving.
    You'll need to "Show Hidden Atoms" in the select menu (shortcut: "H") and then remove the atoms with the "double-cog" icon.
    You can still operate the devices by moving the appropriate parts by yourself (the ones that the AnimationPatterns target).
    1629420709143.png

Pro: Easy to do
    Con: You won't be able to control the device through the sliders afterwards (you can still reload the SubScene if needed, though)

2. Add a trigger that will place the AnimationPattern to the desired position, that you can use after loading your scene.
    Target the AnimationPattern and its current time:
    1629420429442.png

You'll probably need to add triggers to disable collision on the person before and re-enable it afterwards.
    Pro: You can keep the controls on the device
    Con: More complex to set up

Last edited:
@ZRSX
Super annoying issue, i still don't understand why it works this way... 🙄

1) You can try bypassing this if you toggle cube (shape) state "off" (or "lock" if using physics).
Maybe add UIbutton to change state (pos+rotation) of animated object?
You can re-activate state back "on" when you move sliders (just add triggers at start/end of AnimationPattern inside AnimationTriggers).

2) There is also "on" trigger under AnimationPattern>AnimationPattern, not the same as AtomControl "on" trigger (in this case).
-with AtomControl "on" trigger it still moves object to currentTime 0 (on scene load)
-with AP "on" it doesn't, since it toggles entire AnimationPattern part on/off
You might find some use for it, maybe as "freeze/pause" alternative before scene save?

Sadly it yoinks object to currentTime once re-activated/triggered back "on", still better than removing AP entirely. 🤔

Thanks, those options look promising! I'll give it a go and see if I can do a "Lock for save" button with that!

You can re-activate state back "on" when you move sliders (just add triggers at start/end of AnimationPattern inside AnimationTriggers).
I thought about this for toggling the collision instead of using a separate button, but won't that work only if you're using the full animation, from start to end?
Is there a way to trigger this even if the slider is stopped halfway, or starts after "0" as current time?

Is there a way to trigger this even if the slider is stopped halfway, or starts after "0" as current time?
It's simple solution, move slider left (back to CT 0.00) or right to "end" (CT1,2,whatever).
You can add more triggers on different timestamps (0.25, 0.5, etc), but it could get time consuming doing it for every AP you have. o_O

Here is quick example scene, not perfect but you get the idea.Try saving & loading scene with different settings to see what works or not....
You can use "off" state or AP "off", and cube should remain on correct time/position (on load).
Then add how many triggers you want to reactivate it.

Attachments

• scene.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here is quick example scene, not perfect but you get the idea.
Thanks for the scene!

Turning Off the cube seems to be the best option for my case.
Just because you only need to click on the "Lock" button before save and you've got nothing to do on scene load: it stays in position on save & load, and the AP is still usable (on load, but also immediately after the save).
Btw, it works with only a single trigger on animation start to set it back to "On". Feels like we're tricking the AP this way ^^'

Another experiment that I did was to add another Animation Pattern (that I call "AP Manager") with autoplay, no loop & 2 triggers: one at the start and on at the end. The one at start turns off the other AP, and the one at the end turns it on again.
I was hoping to be able to have a system without any button to click:
  • When you save, the AP Manager turns off other AP, so their position is safe.
  • When you reload, the AP Manager plays automatically, turning the other AP back on.
It does work, but it's not perfect: when saving, the other AP still resets (sometimes after a delay, it's a bit weird, I guess that causes some conflicts). But on load it will be back to the position it were at the time of the save.
So that still screw your save thumbnail & your scene if you intend to continue it after saving. Could be still interesting, though.

Attachments

• APReset.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
Btw, it works with only a single trigger on animation start to set it back to "On". Feels like we're tricking the AP this way ^^'
-yes but you have to move slider to one side, i assumed you maybe wanna trigger on both sides
-you can double down on single "trigger/timestamp", if you add same "start" & "end" triggers (state "on")
and than simply duplicate and change timestamps to cover most of animationPattern (slider), to smooth out activation
Another experiment that I did was to add another Animation Pattern (that I call "AP Manager") with autoplay, no loop & 2 triggers: one at the start and on at the end. The one at start turns off the other AP, and the one at the end turns it on again.
I was hoping to be able to have a system without any button to click:
  • When you save, the AP Manager turns off other AP, so their position is safe.
  • When you reload, the AP Manager plays automatically, turning the other AP back on.
Sounds like weird "flip-flop" i used on my lamps (B&W Bedroom) to sync light with shape color.
But that one included button, you said no UIbutton.

Speaking about built-in/no plugins stuff (without overcomplicating it)
i still think your best option would be to add UIbutton next to slider to toggle all AP shapes "off".
You don't even need text just shrink it next to UIslider (don't need extra triggers on AP)

EDIT2: moved this discussion inside pm conversation - attached example scene from it
(with no UIbutton state toggle, with extra collision trigger AP, with extra toggle state "off" AP after UIsliding)
working scene saving (correct position+correct thumbnail save)

Attachments

• noUIbuttonV2thumbnail.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom