Question Strobe Light

mspeck01

Reactions
I know the basics of making a strobe light from invisible light from Timeline but I can't get the right combination of settings to make it work.
If someone knows a better way to do this would be great.
Can someone help me with this please.

You can check this scene for an example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/underground-party-female-pov-futa-fuck.13612/

It would be helpful to know what you tried, and what do you mean by you couldn't make it work? The simplest setup would be a Timeline animation (or another animation method like Animation Pattern) with a 0.8s animation, a single float param for Intensity, at full intensity at the beginning, and getting down to zero at 0.2s. Set the 0.2s keyframe curve type to flat, and you should have a light that flashes every 0.8s and "cools down" within 0.2s.

Upvote 0
I use strobe lights all the time. I time them to music within an audio source volume trigger. That way they strobe along with whatever music is playing. Let me know if you need examples and I can throw something together.

Upvote 0
I use strobe lights all the time. I time them to music within an audio source volume trigger. That way they strobe along with whatever music is playing. Let me know if you need examples and I can throw something together.
I would like very much to see how to sync music to the strobe. Thanks

Upvote 0
You can sync audio using https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Audio#drive-timeline-from-audio but it's easier said than done for most songs!

Option 1: Find the exact BPM and adjust the animation length to be exactly 1 beat (or 4 beats). It's going to be hard to be close enough for the sync to be perfect for long durations.

Option 2: Sync animation to the music and manually add every strobe flash. That's longer but will always be in sync for long durations. You can make things simpler by making a trigger that plays another animation (the long one just calls "Play Strobe" and "Strobe" is a single flash (or four beats, that might be easier).

Upvote 0
I would like very much to see how to sync music to the strobe. Thanks
Okay here is a guide I made for how to do it with just volume triggers in an audiosource. Acid's way is probably best for strobin with an animation but if you just want strobes to music this works great too. Hope it helps.

Sorry about the delay. It took longer than I expected. If I can find a good copyright free song I will upload an example scene to go with the guide.

Upvote 0
Okay here is a guide I made for how to do it with just volume triggers in an audiosource. Acid's way is probably best for strobin with an animation but if you just want strobes to music this works great too. Hope it helps.

Sorry about the delay. It took longer than I expected. If I can find a good copyright free song I will upload an example scene to go with the guide.
Thanks so much.
I really appreciate your help.
I'm sorry to say even with both of your help, I still am having difficulty getting the nodes to change light levels.
I might be trying to use the wrong Atom or Scene for the Timeline.
I was able to access the settings for the example that Acid Bubbles linked me to.
When I try to do it from scratch, I fail.
I will try your PDF and see how I do.

Upvote 0
@Ballard's solution is great (I didn't think of this but it's a very good idea!), it'll allow you to sync the lights with volume, which will usually work great with very low time and effort (which is what we want!) The approach with Timeline is much more time intensive, however it can allow you to sync up with the beats instead, and adjust things like colors and strobe style based on style. It really depends if you want to put work into making something tailored.

But for your question, if Ballard's solution isn't enough, please explain exactly what you're doing, and when it doesn't do what you expect. Otherwise it's hard to guess what you know and what you don't.

Upvote 0
@Ballard's solution is great (I didn't think of this but it's a very good idea!), it'll allow you to sync the lights with volume, which will usually work great with very low time and effort (which is what we want!) The approach with Timeline is much more time intensive, however it can allow you to sync up with the beats instead, and adjust things like colors and strobe style based on style. It really depends if you want to put work into making something tailored.

But for your question, if Ballard's solution isn't enough, please explain exactly what you're doing, and when it doesn't do what you expect. Otherwise it's hard to guess what you know and what you don't.
I tried @Ballard's example and I ran into a problem.
The images he showed have different titles for the actions he asked to use.
I'm wondering if the problem is I'm using an older version of VAM? (1.20.77.9)

Upvote 0
I tried @Ballard's example and I ran into a problem.
The images he showed have different titles for the actions he asked to use.
I'm wondering if the problem is I'm using an older version of VAM? (1.20.77.9)
Your VAM version is fine. I just went through the guide from scratch and had no problems setting it up, but then I know what I am doing. I am working on a demo scene to go along with it today that may help you . One of the best ways to learn VAM tricks is deconstructing other peoples scenes to see how they did it. I also included a PDF for download with the guide. If you have access to a printer it might help to print it out and go through it carefully and work each part out. The only way I could make the guide simpler is to make it 30 pages long.

Something else you may want to consider is Just looking for nothings video tutorials. In this case the volume trigger video might really help
His videos are a bit long but if you go through them all you will have a very solid foundation how to do all the basic things in VAM that you can build upon. That is what I did.

Like Acid alluded too there are lots of ways to accomplish the things you want to do in VAM. It's just about tinkering and figuring things out. The real game is the learning curve.

Upvote 0
I don't know if it's strobe light per se. :unsure:
But... if you can decypher my Lights scene from Concepts package than you might get some idea behind it (using audio source:volume triggers).
Just keep in mind that all concept scenes are put together as is, without much organization or cleanup (also I never released v3). 😅

Maybe also worth checking (investigating):

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom