Stormy Modern Bedroom

Scenes Stormy Modern Bedroom

WasserChan

Reactions
WasserChan submitted a new resource:

Stormy Modern Bedroom - Quiet, Peaceful, Cozy.

I couldn't find many cozy locations on the hub, so I made one myself.
A modest modern bedroom, fully furnished. You can watch the raindrops slide down the windows and enjoy some YouTube videos on the TV. Or, you know... do other stuff.
View attachment 162022
View attachment 162024
View attachment 162026
All assets (besides rainy window shader) were made by myself using Blender and Substance Painter.
Rain shader...

Read more about this resource...

Cute, thanks for sharing! (y)

sidenote: tv + stand legs + wall = ...? 🧐 (bruhh)
DreamHomeTV.jpg

Yeah really good work, thanks a lot!
Bed at least could use some collision 💥

Do you test out your rooms? Don't answer with a yes. When spawning a person, they are glitched into the bed. You should test out your rooms before releasing. I have to parent all the atoms to the room, then move it. Scratch that. I can't find the atom to move the room with show hidden checked. It's great that it's free, but the lack of making sure everything is good to go should be priority.

Do you test out your rooms? Don't answer with a yes. When spawning a person, they are glitched into the bed. You should test out your rooms before releasing. I have to parent all the atoms to the room, then move it. Scratch that. I can't find the atom to move the room with show hidden checked. It's great that it's free, but the lack of making sure everything is good to go should be priority.
You made some points that need fixing.

if you had read at the bottom of the last image on the overview page, WasserChan did say,
There are probably some issues with it because it's my first time ever making a scene in Unity for VAM
'so please don't hesitate to comment with any questions, suggestions,
or concerns! If anyone has ideas for what I should make next, just tell me'.

Think your being a bit harsh ,we all make mistakes and overlook things .
users that let us know of issues is appreciated and can be fixed with an update .
im sure in future he will test a scene ,making sure the scene is set in a position to allow a character atom to spawn and not collide with the scene

but when you think everything is good to go , there will always be something that got missed
even when i have double checked an asset and checked the var is working ok .

I've downloaded some other great free rooms from creators who aren't new and have a person atom spawn in an object or the floor. If the room can be moved, that's fine.

I've downloaded some other great free rooms from creators who aren't new and have a person atom spawn in an object or the floor. If the room can be moved, that's fine.
I agree mate ,that some other free room assets that get released have some issues .
some of the authors don't even bother to respond to a user of an issue to fix it.
why they bother uploading it in the first place, is strange.
characters spawning in the floor ,the creator should make the user aware to turn off the collisions for the asset
like i did for the mobile home as its on a raised platform, but for normal surfaces , creators need to use a gen 2 character in unity as reference
having a room to be movable and rotate is helpful .
i spend many hours doing some assets, that i forget some simple things like adding collisions
or an eagle eyed user notices something wrong. i will always fix the problems .
if a user needs to let a creator know of the issues they have found , its best to go on reply of the creator so they get a notification
and if not hear of anything in a while you know is of a lost cause .

like i did for the mobile home as its on a raised platform
I remember now. I told you about the mall not having collisions. Your mobile home, I still had to move it a bit so characters spawned better and scale it bigger or smaller, I can't remember. Then the siding doesn't fit now. Your rooms/area's to build scenes are amazing.

I remember now. I told you about the mall not having collisions. Your mobile home, I still had to move it a bit so characters spawned better and scale it bigger or smaller, I can't remember. Then the siding doesn't fit now. Your rooms/area's to build scenes are amazing.
Yeah thanks for that on your feedback on the blunder i made with no collisions on the mall was appreciated.
you can link the outer side part and other assets to the mobile home to move and scale together.
not many creators release assets with a scene file in the assets section . being an asset the creator leaves it up to the user to set it up
i do the scene file ,to make life easier for the user to load and view the asset.

Agreed with the point that the scene origin (0,0,0) shouldn't be inside of any objects. Easy way to explode a character.
Second suggestion if you plan to update this map, is to change the chandelier over the bed. It hangs down a tad too low.

I'm an electrician by trade, and seeing ridiculous light fixtures in ridiculous locations irks me so much xD

I don't really care about this scene enough to update anything in it. It was just a test to see how the unity -> VAM pipeline worked. My other scenes have fixed these issues, and they look much better than this one.

Back
Top Bottom