Somehow I broke one of the stock clothing items?

Zenra

Reactions
I've been working hard on a scene in which the female character starts off wearing the stock MeshedVR "Garden Party Dress". I've working on the scene a couple weeks and have dozens of backups at different stages but somehow with my edits today I seem to have "broken" the dress. No matter what I do I cannot make the dress reappear, either in my current version, any of the backups, nor in ANY other scene or on any character in VAM!

I can load a blank scene, add the basic person atom, and select the Garden Party Dress from the Clothing tab, but it will not appear. All the settings in Physics, Adjustments, etc. look normal, I've tried resetting Sim, Undress and adjusting the colors but nothing shows up.

What could I have done? Interested to know so I can try to avoid doing it ever again :rolleyes:...

And is there any way I can restore the asset, short of reinstalling VAM?

The first thing to try is running the updater, going to options, and selecting "repair all". If some file is corrupt, that will fix it.

Thanks, @DJ , for the quick reply. I ran the updater and found no issues. I also went in and deleted all the files associated with the Garden Dress asset in the VAN/Cache folder. Interestingly, after loading the scene again and cycling the dress on and off I noticed the dress is in the room, disembodied and against a wall on the other side of the room!?

Any idea what might be going on here? Obviously I am adding the dress to the female character in the scene, but what would make the dress materialize and render all by itself, well away from the model it is attached to?

Could it be possible you are loading a default scene that has some parameters set badly? You can also flush the cache from the UI. There's a way to start with a completely blank scene. Try doing that, then adding a light, then a person, then the dress. If that's bad, something is corrupted.

@SlimerJSpud : The dress works fine in other scenes, even using the same character model. As described in the original post, I can set up an empty scene, add the default person atom, apply the dress and it all works.

The weirdness is with this scene, in which the disembodied dress stands off by itself at the side of the room, apparently not attached to the model it's associated with, except to the extent that its is otherwise accessed and controlled through the person atom interface for that character. That is, I can turn the dress on and off ,, for example, from the Clothing tab for that character.

The really weird thing is that even when I load backup copies of the scene, saved days before the problem manifested itself, behavior of the dress is the same - still off by itself against the wall. Very strange:
2022-12-09.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom