Question Some "Collision = false" Atoms still have collision

Enigme

Reactions
Hi All.

I have a scene in which I've added a CustomUnityAsset and unchecked the Collision checkbox on the Physics Object tab for the asset. I've also unchecked the "Physics" checkbox on this same tab just for good measure. However, when I move the atom into contact with a Person I have in the scene, the unity asset collides with the Person and moves the person, as you would expect if Collision checkbox was checked.

The Person's Collision checkbox is checked and must remain checked.

There are many CustomUnityAssets I've added before that don't have this problem, basically all of them. I usually do this exact same thing and the asset moves right through the Person. However for this particular assetbundle (bdsm_furniture.assetbundle by Molmark) there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the Collisions.

Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.

I never have seen this issue before, too. Are your sure you are not touching the person with your VR hands while moving the CUA? Most probably not, I guess.
If you are sure you did nothing in an other way like with the other CUAs before, here is a very vague guess of mine: There is an issue with certain CUAs which are having two objects in the top hierarchy, or some other diffuse creation issues. You can see this issue for instance with some CUA environments, where moving the environment around is only moving one part of the CUA and an other part will be unaffected and static. Maybe in such cases some of the CUA settings (like collision checkbox) are not working correctly, too.
Maybe this is true for some assets with many sub-assets wich are created in a special way, like the bdsm_funitures are (saying this from memory, I didn't have used them for a long time)? If this is the case and you definitely didn't done something wrong, you unfortunately can do nothing about it, and you maybe want to contact the creator. All those custom VaM stuff is created by hobbyists and enthusiasts and many of the stuff is for free. Of cause they are some oddities with some of them. Nobody is perfect.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom