Sensor Plugin

Plugins Sensor Plugin

PrettyFrank

Reactions
PrettyFrank submitted a new resource:

Sensor Plugin - Add distance/angle-based triggers between atoms and other atoms/player.d

Sensor (a plugin)
Sensor enables angle/distance-based triggers between atoms and/or the player.

Why?
I could never get the Depth of Field settings to work perfectly with any existing setup, including FocusOnMe, PostMagic (using AutoFocusPoint), or the PostProcessing plugin. Each of these are great, but just not working for me. Ultimately, building this unlocked a ton of potential in...

Read more about this resource...

damn, i just tried it and so far it looks like a really good plugin for dof :eek:
like i put it on an empty atom with vrrender plugin, tweaked with the values in postmagic dof and sensor trigger a little and it works on every reasonable distance, i don't have to change anything for it :eek:
really good job :D this will make a lot of things a lot easier :3

and because of your demo i also just got ideas for many different use cases as well, ty for a lot dude, this is an incredible plugin
i just want you to know that you did an amazing job ?

PrettyFrank updated Sensor Plugin with a new update entry:

Sensor v5

Version 5 Updates

- FIX: Attempting to make replacing Sensor plugins with latest versions preserve the previous settings. v4 --> 5 will lose your settings, but hopefully v6 will protect them? We'll see...
- FIX: When in Angle mode, the max threshold now appropriately sets to 180 (degrees), rather than the previous 20 used for distance.
- NEW: Changing the threshold will check for crosses in real-time without requiring atom movement, allowing easier testing.
- NEW: More...

Read the rest of this update entry...

g.png

It would be nice to add an option where the angle looks visually

and because of your demo i also just got ideas for many different use cases as well, ty for a lot dude, this is an incredible plugin
i just want you to know that you did an amazing job ?
Super glad to hear it! I'm still discovering uses for it myself!

@PrettyFrank
Nice work! A much needed plugin. I was thinkimng of a few ideas to expand the plugin features I wanted to throw out there.

One idea was to combine both distance and angle based Sensors. Something like Distance trigger is only active within certain Angle values. Found out we can do that already by adding two Sensors on the atom and disabling the first plugin using Threshold conditions on the second plugin.

Second idea is to adjust the angle values reading (or scale?) based on the distance to atom. Like how Lumination can adjust Spot angle values based on distance to keep a same size circle for the light cone. I imagine we can use this to actually detect if we are looking at the atom body regardless of distance. Currently if you get too close, the angle range which means 'looking at' the atom becomes bigger.

@PrettyFrank
Nice work! A much needed plugin. I was thinkimng of a few ideas to expand the plugin features I wanted to throw out there.

One idea was to combine both distance and angle based Sensors. Something like Distance trigger is only active within certain Angle values. Found out we can do that already by adding two Sensors on the atom and disabling the first plugin using Threshold conditions on the second plugin.

Second idea is to adjust the angle values reading (or scale?) based on the distance to atom. Like how Lumination can adjust Spot angle values based on distance to keep a same size circle for the light cone. I imagine we can use this to actually detect if we are looking at the atom body regardless of distance. Currently if you get too close, the angle range which means 'looking at' the atom becomes bigger.
Thanks! Good idea to keep in mind for a later release - also great to hear you found a way around the limitation anyway! My idea is to release small utility plugins similar to logic bricks that you can layer up to achieve cool effects :)

Could use a fixed offset slider for the 'distance' function that allows to add something like +1 to the value before it's used as 'OnChange'-trigger.
I'd use it to extend the light range a bit over the exact distance between two atoms.

Not sure if that would be something other users find useful or if other plugins can already do that. This was the first result that came up when I searched for "distance"-Plugins ... tried it ... worked perfectly after adjusting min/max scale values.
Nice work! (y)

Back
Top Bottom