Request: Up to date performance Best practices

VAM12132312

Reactions
Hi Community,
ive been here since the beginning and i know there are many things to make vam perform better. Whats is missing is a comprehensive easy step by step best practice and list of tools or how tos, that helps beginners (and long time users 😅) to get the best out of vam.
I know there are many variables like hardware used, var count etc. but there are some things that are universal and these could be listed and updated. Ideally by the community 😉.

So will start with what i know and please copy/paste and update, expand fill the list with details including links:

Overall Performance Tipps

launch without Steam
Some performance increase (Ideally someone that tested with the benchmark tool could provide a ballpark measurement in %)

CPU Performance Patch
Performance increase depends on System (If there is a list Thanks!)

Too Many vars

Performance increase unknown i never tried

Im sure there are more tipps. Lets come together and expand

Thanks in advance

The hardware and VAR numbers are universal and condition all other plugins and tweaks. Essentially, more powerful hardware more FPS; fewer VARs, more FPS.

On the VAR numbers side, if you overdo it, anything you do is just to try compensating for the problem and you're better off resolving it. If you have 1 TB of VARs, you're fucked. It's like a house full of stuff, all the clutter prevents you from doing anything efficiently.

Naturally, your user preferences matter too, your screen (monitor/vr headset), resolutions, etc.

On scenes, things that weigh it down are:
  • Number of person atoms
  • Soft physics
  • Sim clothes
  • Hairs
  • Lights
  • Animations
  • Combined and complex animation moments
  • Number of cameras and reflections
  • Viewpoint of camera
  • Collisions

The hardware and VAR numbers are universal and condition all other plugins and tweaks. Essentially, more powerful hardware more FPS; fewer VARs, more FPS.

On the VAR numbers side, if you overdo it, anything you do is just to try compensating for the problem and you're better off resolving it. If you have 1 TB of VARs, you're fucked. It's like a house full of stuff, all the clutter prevents you from doing anything efficiently.

Naturally, your user preferences matter too, your screen (monitor/vr headset), resolutions, etc.

On scenes, things that weigh it down are:
  • Number of person atoms
  • Soft physics
  • Sim clothes
  • Hairs
  • Lights
  • Animations
  • Combined and complex animation moments
  • Number of cameras and reflections
  • Viewpoint of camera
  • Collisions
the amount of vars can affect performance even when its not loaded into the scene?
its eating fps just by collecting dust on the cabinet? 😱😱😱

if this is true, i'd have some heavy cleaning up to do 😩😩😩

Back
Top Bottom