recommendation on gaze replacement

sdfg3456

Reactions
Currently using ClockwiseSilver.SilverGaze.2.var and for the most part it's pretty good.

I've been wondering though if there is an alternative that I might like more. Does anyone here have some suggestions of other similar plug-ins that I could take a look at?

Ah, right.
There's Gaze from MacGruber too, but is overriden if using Timeline head animations. Cue I think uses Gaze too but competes with Timeline head animations.

Ah, right.
There's Gaze from MacGruber too, but is overriden if using Timeline head animations. Cue I think uses Gaze too but competes with Timeline head animations.
My Gaze plugin (include in Life package) can be used with Timeline. You just need to disable Timeline's control over head rotation. Same can be done with IdlePoser.
1676660281019.png

Example using one of ReginMocap's motion captures where head rotation is controlled by Gaze and eyes by Glance. It integrates so well that Reign didn't even notice it wasn't his animation anymore when I showed it to him :D

My Gaze plugin (include in Life package) can be used with Timeline. You just need to disable Timeline's control over head rotation. Same can be done with IdlePoser.
View attachment 212989

Example using one of ReginMocap's motion captures where head rotation is controlled by Gaze and eyes by Glance. It integrates so well that Reign didn't even notice it wasn't his animation anymore when I showed it to him :D
Oh, damn, thanks for the tip. I never thought of doing that and it will give a lot more free movement possibilites 🙇‍♂️

nice plug-in. I think the clockwork silver one has an advantage though; it doesn't stay fixed on a single target. It will switch between various targets. But i think where your plug-in has an advantage, at least as far as I can tell, is that it doesn't just move the head but moves the chest as well, giving a more realistic appearance.

where your plug-in has an advantage, at least as far as I can tell, is that it doesn't just move the head but moves the chest as well, giving a more realistic appearance.
Life does audio-synchronized breathing, meaning the audio actually matches the animation. If applies force on the chest through physics, but it also controls morphs for chest, stomach, nose, mouth and lips. The Gaze module is just an extra.

If you ask me...the advantage of most of my plugins is that they are modular. Why? Because there will never be a single plugin that does it all perfectly. If it's modular you can just pick your favorites. You can use Life without it's Gaze and used something else to do that part. Use MacGruber_Breathing.cslist instead of MacGruber_Life.cslist, which is just the same without Gaze. It should work with SilverGaze, too. I didn't try, though.

it doesn't stay fixed on a single target. It will switch between various targets.
While you can't change my Gaze plugin's target by trigger, you can still assign a custom target and move that around. I regularly use IdlePoser on an Empty atom and use that as a target for Gaze. (You could do the same with just the EyeTarget) The benefit is that with IdlePoser you can anchor to various body parts of multiple other characters and also control custom plugin settings for both Gaze and Glance for each state. E.g. you may want to tweak various Weights, FrustumFOV, FrustumTilt or other things for Glance for each thing you look at. If you like an example check out my DoubleTrouble scene....there are two Empty atoms named "GirlA#GazeControl" and "GirlB#GazeControl". As said....my stuff is modular....

Back
Top Bottom