Question Question on Timeline and control nodes turning off

Ghost779

Reactions
Apologies. I'm just getting started in the animation/timeline side of things. I've matched female and male atoms, and I've successfully used AcidBubbles' timeline to create animation. Works fine with I press play.

For some reason I cannot fathom, when I attach this to a trigger, one of two things happens. First, the control node for "pelvisControl" turns off. I turn it back on, and I can run from the timeline, but if I try to run from a trigger, it turns itself back off again and the timeline runs, with no animation.

Occasionally, when I run from a trigger, the girl suddenly stands up and contorts into a position that isn't in the timeline at all. Its not in the saved pose, and as I step through the timeline, its not in any of the poses. It's almost like the same pelviscontrol suddenly throws the atom into the air or something.

I know I'm probably asking a question that's dumb, but I've searched everywhere to see if this problem is posted - and the fact that it isn't mean I'm clearly missing something everyone knows.

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with me linking certain nodes to others via the parent box. For ease of animation, I've linked the left and right thigh control to the pelvis, but the pelvisControl is turning "OFF". I honestly don't get it.

Upvote 0
Adding to the trigger a "position state on" for the PelvisControl seemed to fix it. So its solved, I just have no idea why it happens.

Upvote 0
Save the pose with the controls as you need them at start. Possibly it was a pose with the pelvis off.
Thank you, Atani, but I've tried saving the pose in the timeline (copy, clear, paste, overwrite and checking "apply pose on transition"). Still flips it to the "off" position.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom