Question about Cache and Log

Eureeka

Reactions
Where the Cache folder is really located?
I had the game on my HDD and from the game settings the cache size was 7gb. I wanted to know where the Cache folder is located, so I clicked "Change Location" and that took me to the Cache folder in the root folder. The problem is that this folder doesn't have any files, just 3 empty folders. I moved the game to the SSD and of course the path is now wrong and showing that the Cache is not taking any space. I wanted to know where the Cache folder is to delete these unused 7GB.

The second question is about the Log, when I open any scene it shows several error messages. The scene in my view not have any problems, I don't see any missing assets or textures.. I just have some scenes where textures and hair are missing but I think its from the author that uploaded the rest of the scene like Textures and Hair in a different site like Patreon for example because even if I use Scan Hub it not download any missing dependecies.

Even if the scenes are just fine for me these errors still bother me and I wanted to make sure that everything is 100% how can I fix it?

The cache folder can be set in User preferences, pick whatever you want.

Errors for missing things are usually because you don't have a dependency that includes whatever is missing. See the tutorials linked in the wiki above on how to work with the built-in hub to download missing dependencies. Of a smaller chance, errors are thrown because of mistakes of the creator.

I know how to set the cache folder, the thing is that the folder the cache is located by default do not have any files but on the User Preferences menu shows 7gb... so I am asking what are other folders it could be located.

Then press clear and it should become zero. If it doesn't you can see if there's a folder named Cache in the VaM folder, could have been left behind and for some reason it's being counted?

Back
Top Bottom