• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Quest 2 bindings

scottyleics

Reactions
Hi all,

I just managed to get VAM working on my Quest 2 and I must say it looks awesome :)

However, the keybindings do not appear to work. All that seems to work is I can hit A on the right controller to click buttons.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a bindings file for the Quest 2?

Cheers

I have the Quest 2, and I use Virtual Desktop to play VAM wirelessly.

My bindings are:

Triggers - quick grab (when you let go it lets go)
Grips - hold (you stay holding until you click it again)
B/Y - open/close the menu
A/X - select

These may be completely different if you're using the Link cable, though. I believe you can manually change the bindings, though. Check the Steam VR Settings.

Having an issue getting my quest 2 and VD to run VaM in vr. I keep getting a flat virtual desktop experience like I'm playing on desktop. Very confusing. I have VD running and steam VR running. Can anyone help me sort this?

Having an issue getting my quest 2 and VD to run VaM in vr. I keep getting a flat virtual desktop experience like I'm playing on desktop. Very confusing. I have VD running and steam VR running. Can anyone help me sort this?
I have the same problem.
Let's hope someone can help soon...

I have the same problem.
Let's hope someone can help soon...
first steps: from PC install Steam, install oculus software (and setup oculus quest 2) install steam VR.

some ways to start VAM in VR,

1. Virtual Desktop* or Oculus link or Air link: Start the connection from the headset and than run from PC the VaM (OpenVR).bat. It's in your VAM install folder, you can place a shortcut in your PC desktop.

2. Run VaM from your headset via Steam VR library:
From PC go to steam, library, add non steam game and find - add Vam.exe.
Find the game in steam library, right mouse click it, click properties and select: Include in VR library.
Go to quest 2 , Run Virtual desktop* or Oculus link or Oculus Air Link, run steam VR, left touch controller oculus button to bring steam VR menu, click library, select VaM.

* for Virtual desktop you have to start Steam VR from the virtual desktop app (from left touch controller press oculus button and launch Steam VR).

first steps: from PC install Steam, install oculus software (and setup oculus quest 2) install steam VR.

some ways to start VAM in VR,

1. Virtual Desktop* or Oculus link or Air link: Start the connection from the headset and than run from PC the VaM (OpenVR).bat. It's in your VAM install folder, you can place a shortcut in your PC desktop.

2. Run VaM from your headset via Steam VR library:
From PC go to steam, library, add non steam game and find - add Vam.exe.
Find the game in steam library, right mouse click it, click properties and select: Include in VR library.
Go to quest 2 , Run Virtual desktop* or Oculus link or Oculus Air Link, run steam VR, left touch controller oculus button to bring steam VR menu, click library, select VaM.

* for Virtual desktop you have to start Steam VR from the virtual desktop app (from left touch controller press oculus button and launch Steam VR).
Method 1 plays on the VR headset but still plays the flat screen version. Method 2 seems to play the VR version but for some reason the VR hands or the controllers/pointers are not showing so I can't select anything or interact with the game in any way. Could it be some controller binding setting? The game plays perfectly in full VR in my Oculus Quest 1 but only if I'm connected through the link cable but not through Virtual Desktop. Any other suggestions?

Method 1 plays on the VR headset but still plays the flat screen version. Method 2 seems to play the VR version but for some reason the VR hands or the controllers/pointers are not showing so I can't select anything or interact with the game in any way. Could it be some controller binding setting? The game plays perfectly in full VR in my Oculus Quest 1 but only if I'm connected through the link cable but not through Virtual Desktop. Any other suggestions?

- Hit "M" on your keyboard to put VAM in VR mode
- then with the headset on, hit the "flat button" on the left controller to bring up the Virtual Desktop menu
- Select "Switch to VR" button in the menu

I have a shortcut to launch VAM in Steam so I start the Virtual Desktop on my machine, start SideQuest, load VD in the Quest2, Launch Steam VR, then hit the shortcut to launch VAM.

* Privacy warning, make sure you have steam and Oculus set up so that you are not publicly announcing what game you are playing to your friends list, (also, Discord is a tattletale as well!)... lol!!!

Nothing like sending out an announcement to everyone "Your friend James started playing VAM! Join them!" ;) :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Last edited:
- then with the headset on, hit the "flat button" on the left controller to bring up the Virtual Desktop menu

I have a shortcut to launch VAM in Steam so I start the Virtual Desktop on my machine, start SideQuest, load VD in the Quest2, Launch Steam VR, then hit the shortcut to launch VAM.

* Privacy warning, make sure you have steam and Oculus set up so that you are not publicly announcing what game you are playing to your friends list, (also, Discord is a tattletale as well!)... lol!!!

Nothing like sending out an announcement to everyone "Your friend James started playing VAM! Join them!" ;) :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
All that hitting "M" on the keyboard does for me is toggle mirroring what's showing on the VR headset to the PC monitor. Unfortunately what's playing on the headset is still the flat (non VR) version of the game. So technically I can play it through the Oculus headset but it's not the actual VR version but the one I would play with a computer mouse. Could it be that the methods you describe only work with Oculus 2 because mine is the Oculus 1.

I didn't know that the oculus where announcing the title game in pcvr, how can I remove that?

I have the Quest 2, and I use Virtual Desktop to play VAM wirelessly.

My bindings are:

Triggers - quick grab (when you let go it lets go)
Grips - hold (you stay holding until you click it again)
B/Y - open/close the menu
A/X - select

These may be completely different if you're using the Link cable, though. I believe you can manually change the bindings, though. Check the Steam VR Settings.
Hey, I'm playing on quest too. My left thumbstick is to move forward and backward. So I thought my right thumbstick would move me up and down.. but it doesn't do anything.. any idea how to fix?

Back
Top Bottom