Question Possible bug? Atom linked to CameraRig always reset when reloading the scene.

VAMSOY

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
VAMSOY
I have an atom linked to the [CameraRig] - CenterView via Parent link. The goal is to have that atom stay in the same place on screen all the time.

However, every time I reload the scene, the atom's link would get reset. (No more link, set to "On" for both position and rotation).

I am not sure if this is a conflict with the embody plugin, I use embody in combination with this.

Any suggestions is appreciated!

I see you found the answer in AlienAxeMans thread. I'll drop the link here too so other people can see it if they come across this post.

Remember, If you want a physics link rather than a direct parent link, you can put this plugin on an empty atom and then link something else to the empty any way you wish.

Upvote 0
I see you found the answer in AlienAxeMans thread. I'll drop the link here too so other people can see it if they come across this post.

Remember, If you want a physics link rather than a direct parent link, you can put this plugin on an empty atom and then link something else to the empty any way you wish.
Thanks man! Headlightlink solved my problem!!

Upvote 0
This is a very terrible bug.
Download and open author GiovniYA's scene work: secret love.
You get this:
屏幕截图 2024-02-25 001734.png

Do you see this button called ui bc?
It moves with the player's camera perspective.
But its panel shows that it is not linked to any element.

In fact, ui bc's panel should show:
屏幕截图 2024-02-25 002827.png

The strangest thing is that when we opened the scene.json file, we found that even if the scene json file was wrong and the panel display was wrong, the effect of the buttons moving with the perspective could still be achieved normally!
屏幕截图 2024-02-25 003747.png

屏幕截图 2024-02-25 004013.png

This is a terrible bug.
This part of your data is not written to the scene json file, so when reading the json file, it will not be displayed correctly in the panel. But the strange thing is that even without this part of the data, your scene can still work normally.

,"linkTo" : "[CameraRig]: CenterEye"

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom