VaM 1.x Position/animation switching through the press of a button

Threads regarding the original VaM 1.x
Joined
Jun 2, 2024
Messages
13
Reactions
4
I make scenes animated using only plugins. I don't know if this is downright regarded but it's what I prefer to do because learning timeline seems annoying. I am just wondering how I could attach all of the plugins, atom positions etc to a button so I can have multiple positions per scene. No idea how to do this. I asked gemini and it seems like you can parent everything to something i dont really remember. All I know is when I parented everything to one thing, which I assumed I could then tie to a button to activate it all, my frames dropped tremendously so I abandoned this idea. I can sort of see why that would be, so maybe timeline is my only option. Anyway, just reaching out to see if anyone can help.
 
Use pose presets. Get your characters in whatever pose you like then save a pose preset for each of them. Set up a button that loads the pose presets. Depending on how your scenes work, you can either activate whatever motion plugin (thruster) with the same button, or have a separate Action! button for each pose. Each pose button probably also needs to deactivate plugins that are not used in that pose. For example, you might have a BJ plugin active for one pose, and an autothruster plugin in another pose. You probably don't want them both active at the same time.
 
Use pose presets. Get your characters in whatever pose you like then save a pose preset for each of them. Set up a button that loads the pose presets. Depending on how your scenes work, you can either activate whatever motion plugin (thruster) with the same button, or have a separate Action! button for each pose. Each pose button probably also needs to deactivate plugins that are not used in that pose. For example, you might have a BJ plugin active for one pose, and an autothruster plugin in another pose. You probably don't want them both active at the same time.
fuck. that's smart. i didn't know you could have buttons change poses by loading them from a pose preset. good idea. thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom