Pointers won't go away

projectilevarmint

Reactions
Today I noticed that the red and blue pointers won't go away when I 'hide' my hands in VR. I reset the headset and PC, but I always see the pointers whether in edit mode, play mode, hands visible/invisible, different hands, collision on & off, default scene, custom scenes, and regardless of any checkbox in any of the tabs unless I somehow missed a setting. Even if the hands are hidden in play mode, there's a red and blue line pointing from the hands' positions all the time.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Sidenote, when I was trying to debug this, I went into the default scene and it sorta exploded on me, removing the character didn't help, quit, restarted and it didn't happen again. However, now I see the default scene as my most recent scene, even though I didn't save it. I'm able to load default, and custom scenes, again still seeing the pointers. I don't think I recently installed any plug-ins that would be affecting it either.

Today I noticed that the red and blue pointers won't go away when I 'hide' my hands in VR. I reset the headset and PC, but I always see the pointers whether in edit mode, play mode, hands visible/invisible, different hands, collision on & off, default scene, custom scenes, and regardless of any checkbox in any of the tabs unless I somehow missed a setting. Even if the hands are hidden in play mode, there's a red and blue line pointing from the hands' positions all the time.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Sidenote, when I was trying to debug this, I went into the default scene and it sorta exploded on me, removing the character didn't help, quit, restarted and it didn't happen again. However, now I see the default scene as my most recent scene, even though I didn't save it. I'm able to load default, and custom scenes, again still seeing the pointers. I don't think I recently installed any plug-ins that would be affecting it either.

Could be the same:

Could be the same:

Thank you! I searched but somehow didn't see that one. I'd say it's potentially related. It was still happening when I put the controllers down. But I'd wiped everything down while doing some cleaning earlier, and realized I may not have wiped all the moisture off the controller. They are so touch-sensitive that the tiniest bit of residual moisture around the edges of the button seems to have been enough to trigger the (capacative?) sensor, and buffing them with a paper towel seemed to resolve the issue!

Back
Top Bottom