Oculus Quest 2

Nuvolari

Reactions
Hi guys,

there s a friend of mine who wanna buy an Oculus 2 nonetheless he has a normal for office PC without any great Graphic Card. It ll be possible for him to is VAM?

Thank you!

Hi guys,

there s a friend of mine who wanna buy an Oculus 2 nonetheless he has a normal for office PC without any great Graphic Card. It ll be possible for him to is VAM?

Thank you!
Highly doubt it. There is a free StreamVR PC test you can try that will run through your system and identify if your PC is even capable of VR. Mine was an office PC without a graphics card like you said and I had to upgrade to a brand new gaming PC. Totally worth it 💯

Highly doubt it. There is a free StreamVR PC test you can try that will run through your system and identify if your PC is even capable of VR. Mine was an office PC without a graphics card like you said and I had to upgrade to a brand new gaming PC. Totally worth it 💯
Mmmmmm.... Are you sure? Because Oculus Quest 2 have an internal hardware system so it s capable of playing VR games as a standalone product wireless

Mmmmmm.... Are you sure? Because Oculus Quest 2 have an internal hardware system so it s capable of playing VR games as a standalone product wireless
VAM is a PC game and as such will not run on the native Quest 2 hardware. There are some features that may help frame rates, but your PCs GPU and CPU will be doing 90% of the work to make VAM run.

What are the specs on the PC you have in mind? CPU? GPU? If you are not sure then unfortunately they are probably not up to the task, this is a game that unfortunately makes even RTX3070s sweat and strain once you start adding multiple atoms and light sources.

The Oculus Quest 2 can be used with the PC Link (requires additional cable, good less expensive ones to get on Amazon vs. Oculus) to run PC games/anything VR that runs on a PC.

When not used with the PC Link, it will run Android VR apps only.

The Oculus uses it's complete/own hardware only, when run as standalone headset (android). When connected to a PC, it acts only as a receiver, similar to the Rift and the PC's hardware is used instead. Still though, it will render with a higher resolution than the Rift, rendering still doesn't occur on the Oculus Quest 2 but on the PC. Anything else would not work anyway, as the Quest 2 doesn't have the power that is required by PC VR games. This is noticeable, when running games like Star Trek: Bridge Crew directly on it (if available), the quality on some games is miserably lowered compared to their PC version.

tldr; So, using Oculus Quest 2 with your PC has the same PC requirements as any Oculus HMD for the PC, like the Rift or Rift S.

I'm using the Quest 2 as replacement for my older Rift and it's truely an amazing solution, to be able to use it standalone as also connected. Covers all cases and it's flexible to take it to other places in the house or outside, which I couldn't do with the Rift.

Agree, need a high end pc no matter what headset you choose

Hi guys,

Thank you!
Look into Plutosphere or other VR cloud streaming services. Just stumbled onto this myself.

Thank you very much guys! Now I get it! :)
Dose work with plutosphere psy as you go or drive subscription so u store your data. I play fir the most part it's fine if the scene is to complex you get a poor frame rate. But keeping it simple and still fun it works.

Back
Top Bottom