NVDawn

Looks NVDawn

SlimerJSpud

Reactions
SlimerJSpud submitted a new resource:

NVDawn - A New Dawn

Just in time for Elf Month, here is NVDawn. Technically, she's Fae, but faeries and elves do travel in the same circles. This is especially true after enough alcohol is consumed! She is based on a demo character from a well known video card manufacturer, but this is not a real game port. The dress texture is one I made years ago for the Daz MFD, but that's not available here. I modified the textures to fit the LBO dress, but I'm not totally happy with it. I may have to try doing it with some...

Read more about this resource...

SlimerJSpud updated NVDawn with a new update entry:

More info + credits

I did a G8F version that I fit to G2. I couldn't find any suitable fairy wings, so she's an elf now, LoL. It's too bad MeshedVR didn't pick up the Daz G2 MFD. The MFD has many material zones, and a ton of free texture sets. Daz never changed the UV on it over the years.
Credits:
Hunting-Succubus.Enhanced_Eyes Link: https://www.patreon.com/HunTingSuccuBus
Hunting-Succubus.HS_Eye_ToolBox Link: https://www.patreon.com/HunTingSuccuBus
NoStage3.Hair_Long_Upswept_Top_Bun...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reference background info:
"A new Dawn" from 2002 is ...
... a demonstration that was created by NVIDIA to introduce the GeForce FX product line and illustrate how programmable shading could be used to create a realistic human character.
The graphic demo is not (no longer?) downloadable on Nvidias demo download site.
Archive download (slow): https://archive.org/details/nvidia_demo_a_new_dawn
Of course nude patches where made for that demo.
The demo is 20+ years old. Not sure it will run correctly on a modern system.
Technical deep dive info for nerds here.

Back then graphic cards and their boxes often had images of 'attractive' 3D girls.
Ati (now AMD) had 'Ruby', another girl, for promotion and tech demos.
Today Nvidia is stricter and 3rd parties are not allowed to sell Nvidia products with such images.

There were two versions of the Dawn demo. The original from 20 years ago was for the Nvidia 5200 series. That's the one I did the MFD texture for. The one titled "A New Dawn" is more recent (2012). It will run on Win10. I have it.

Attachments

• Dawn_New_Nude_Image4.jpg
    Dawn_New_Nude_Image4.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
The Daz G8F version for comparison. It loses a little in each translation step.

Attachments

• NVDawnG8-test006_out.sl.jpg
    NVDawnG8-test006_out.sl.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
There were two versions of the Dawn demo. The original from 20 years ago was for the Nvidia 5200 series. That's the one I did the MFD texture for. The one titled "A New Dawn" is more recent (2012). It will run on Win10. I have it.
Interesting, I knew about the first version only.

This was the original. The new one is a huge improvement in lighting and rendering.

Attachments

• dn003.jpg
    dn003.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1024x768_4aa16af_2.jpg
    1024x768_4aa16af_2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
It looks like you can still download New Dawn from guru3D:

And, you can also get the New Dawn nude patch from nudepatch.net.
Yes, Vam is about 10 years ahead of where New Dawn was...

Back
Top Bottom