• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Can't replicate Not Responding at Launch

iron222

Reactions
Everything was working fine yesterday, but today when I went to launch the app from Oculus, it just kept loading (black screen on monitor, loading screen on oculus). The app is not responding during this. I haven't made any changes to my installation or installed any new addons or anything. Any ideas for how to troubleshoot this?

In the VAM file folder there is VaM_Updater.exe try running that instead. Maybe update VaM or change settings from desktop mode.

Im having the same issue. Ive updated and checked core integrity. The game doesnt launch neither in VR nor in Desktop modes. it stopped working after a reboot. When I launch the game UnityCrashHandlerx64.exe pops in the processes, so I guess it just crashes on launch.

Im having the same issue. Ive updated and checked core integrity. The game doesnt launch neither in VR nor in Desktop modes. it stopped working after a reboot. When I launch the game UnityCrashHandlerx64.exe pops in the processes, so I guess it just crashes on launch.

This was the problem I was having too, and updating didn't help me either. Not sure if this actually has anything to do with it, but it started working after I ended the UnityCrashHandler process in the task manager. I had to go to the details tab and end the process from there. Now it's back to working normally again every time I launch. *shrug*

If you have Citrix running that can case the version of Unity that VaM is running to crash on start.

If you are having trouble launching from within Oculus, I suggest directly launching from the folder by running VaM.exe directly.

Lastly - try a reboot. It could be you had previous VaM.exe that was hanging preventing the launch of the new one.

Did you get any work around to the issue?

Maybe a bad config? What happens if you run "VaM (Config).bat" first?
Another thing to try is removing your entire cache directory. Perhaps there is a corrupt file in there.

I've seen many posts like this with no solution, either nothing works or if someone finds a solution they can't be bothered to come back here and share it. Same problem here...

Same issue. No solution. Surprising nothing has come of this, seeing as it has more views on the forum than the pinned thread.

Been having this issue as well. Tried all kinds of actions to try and resolve it to no avail: Deleting some cache files, exiting background applications in case they’re interfering, running as admin, reinstalling in different locations, integrity checks, running in different modes, and firewall privs have not resolved it. Ive also had no issues on other Unity games. For those that are curious, I’ve attached my output log file. As far as I can tell, there is no glaring alarm reported (I could be wrong though, I’m not very tech savvy). If anyone has any other troubleshooting/suggestions I can try, I’ll jump at the opportunity when I can. I’ll update if I come across anything note-worthy.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom