newbie first face

spidaman75

Reactions
ok I am so thrilled by the talent here with all the looks scenes etc and as a newbie I decided to make a face using facegen. I called her Teegan, short name is Tee. I used the free version of facegen so there is the letters FG on her forehead, let me know if you are interested in her, I will upload her to the hub, someone will have to tell me how to upload

cheers!

Attachments

• Tee.jpg
    Tee.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1648540869.jpg
    1648540869.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 0
ok I am so thrilled by the talent here with all the looks scenes etc and as a newbie I decided to make a face using facegen. I called her Teegan, short name is Tee. I used the free version of facegen so there is the letters FG on her forehead, let me know if you are interested in her, I will upload her to the hub, someone will have to tell me how to upload

cheers!
I hope you continue your work and become a very skilled look maker.

I'm new member as well, can you tell me how did you imported that face into a model? You need that her skin will be the same as the face too...

After you did the facegen part, open VAM default scene then go to female morphs then search for girl i.e tee, in my above example or what you named your model then click load then
go to skin textures then insert skin textures, face, arms, etc.
then go to female morp tab, then click ZERO then drop down menu MORPH this should then reset the face

I have facegen as well, but can you maybe do an idiot proof explanation? I have a face now in FaceGen I like. But how do I get it on a vam model? Do I needt to load a skin from vam into facegen first? Because if I copy the face to a vam model, it has a different skin than the body.

I have facegen as well, but can you maybe do an idiot proof explanation? I have a face now in FaceGen I like. But how do I get it on a vam model? Do I needt to load a skin from vam into facegen first? Because if I copy the face to a vam model, it has a different skin than the body.

I've possibly over-explained this for you, but it's here if anyone else needs it:

Basics:

When you export the FaceGen file, it creates head, body and limbs textures and a head morph. By default, the files are saved in your Daz library. There's an option to change that if you have custom content folders already set up.

Make sure you're exporting as a G2 morph. When you name the file, put something like "_FG" at the start of the name. Not essential, but helps later to have something you can search for easily.

The textures, if left to default, will use Daz's Bree textures as the base UV
You can change this to whatever texture you like...unpack the VAR with your favourite (or best guess at matching) body texture and save the texture folder.
Now point each body part in FaceGen (Head, Torso, Limbs...it's at the bottom of the 'Export' page) to the corresponding textures you just saved.

Drop the head morph into "Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female", and the folder with the textures goes into "Custom\Atom\Person\Textures".

Load a female character, and apply your textures...head, torso, limbs. If you're lucky, the textures you replaced the Base UV's with will be more or less a match. But it's relatively easy enough to edit later.

Select 'Morphs' and set all, or at least the head, to default.

Use the search function to find your FaceGen morph, and slide the scaler until it looks about right, then save the appearance.

Matching and tweaking face textures:

In Gimp or Photoshop, open the head texture you used as a Base, then open the FaceGen head texture and set it as a new layer above your Base image.

Adjust transparency of the top layer a bit. That on it's own might be all you need. If not, use a soft eraser tool to start taking away the edges of the face; the Base file you expose underneath will match the original torso texture, so you can use that original texture if needed when you load the appearance in VaM. Continue with the eraser...slowly taking out any other bits on the face that don't look right (eyelashes on the eyelid area, for example). Keep checking and adjusting transparency etc. until you're happy, and merge the two layers.

You can save it now, or do a bit more fine tuning with other tools.

Then replace the file in your custom textures with the edited version, load it on the appearance preset then if necessary load the original torso and limbs you used as a Base. It should now match. Play around with morphs until you're satisfied with the look. Job done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom