NEVER EVER USE JAPANESE CHARACTERS FOR A MORPH NAME IN DAZ!!

camocamo0531

Reactions
Hey, I'd been spending more than 20hrs researching the cause of the issue I posted below.

This was a very very confusing bug, which happens when I make whole body morphs and rig in DAZ, and import it to VaM.
The VMI file loses its "Formulas" and the morph corrupts...

but I found out that this only occurs when the morph NAME & morph LABEL includes Japanese characters...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Steps to reproduce (if you want to... I'd never want to try it again lol)]

1. Import a body morph to DAZ with Morph Loader pro.

2. After imported, click on the gear mark of the morph slider and open the parameter settings.

3. Enter a certain Japanese character in the "Name" and the "Label". For example "これはバグを引き起こします"(This would cause a bug)

4. Use "Adjust rigging to shape" and the "ERC freeze" as usual. and export the morph asset. (dson file)

5. Do exactly the same thing from step1. to step4. but just enter the name and label ikn alphabet this time. export the morph asset.

6. Place the two dson files in \VaM_Updater\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female.

7. Boot Vam and open a scene of your choice.

8. Open \VaM_Updater\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female. you'll notice that Vam has generated a "VMI file" and "VMB file" for both of the dson files.

9. Compare the 2 "VMI" files. One with the Japanese name would have no "formulas", but the other one will.
One without the formulas would make the morph look corrupted in VaM, and one with the formula will work as designed.

*note: Step 3 must be done before Step4 for the reproduction. You can't reproduce this by renaming a morph which is already ERC freezed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would be nice if you could get error messages when the VMI file is not generated properly in the future!!!
I finally remembered that Japanese characters could be harmful to certain programs and cause bugs....

Back
Top Bottom