Need tips for issue with new PC Build - Tearing, streaking RTX 4070super

DasBoot

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Hey guys, I just built a new PC and running into some issues in Vam. I just built a new system with a Ryzen 5 7600, 64gb DDR5 5600, nvme, RTX 4070 Super, Win11. When I am in VR Vam I am seeing some occasional tearing and streaks of light noodles streaking out of mostly the interface panels in game. My old system never had any of these issues (Ryzen 5 3600, DDR4 32gb, RTX 2070, nvme, Win10).

I have tried all the Vam in game performance settings, I am set the High as the defaults, the in game FPS is showing anywhere from 45 to 90fps. Nothing fixes it besides dropping to quality low. I've reseatted the card, updated drivers, reinstalled Oculus sw, tried with Steam VR off, tried a clean new install of Vam with zero addons. I have an Ocululs Rift original and Rift S, tried both, same problem. I played around with the Nvidia and SteamVR settings, nothing seemed to fix it. Just looking for any advice please, I feel pretty bummed that I built this new system only to have it flop when it comes to Vam VR.

I had a very similar problem, but with a Meta Quest 2. However based on the similarities of what youre describing I'm going to try to help, its a simple fix anyways so not a huge waste of time of it doesnt work out.
Simply go to the oculus debug tool and turn off asynchronous spacewarp (ASW).
If it does work; you will have to do so every single time you start up your headset unfortunately, can set up a .bat for it probably but i don't think they ever added an option to make it stay permanently off.
Anyways for some reason that fixed an absolute nightmare i had when i built a new PC recently, hopefully it is the same thing.

Thanks I will give that a try, I had intended on doing the Vam Benchmark plugin to try and baseline it, which I believe has you also disable ASW. I haven't done that before so will give it a go. I appreciate the tip.

That did the trick, it worked, with ASW off I am getting close to 60fps in VR with 3 persons, and some pretty high detailed hair. Disabling ASW in the Oculus debug tool fixed it, no more crazy light noodles, streaks and tearing. I tested it thru the Oculus debug tool GUI and tried the batch file from MacGruber that disables it. I will need to figure that into my own batch file I have for start up. Awesome, thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom