Issue with SubScenes

Virtual Voyeur

Reactions
So I started building a scene that uses various subscenes throughout. I have the subscenes switched off until I need to trigger them on. I’m running into an issue where the subscenes don’t seem to load properly until I switch them on and they keep the scene and other subscenes from loading all the way. Is it possible to get around this issue somehow? A way to have all of the subscenes load all of the way “behind the scenes” before they are switched on?

thanks!

Last edited:
It's difficult to figure out what could be at fault here because your subscenes can have all kinds of stuff in them.
If I'm not mistaken, if a subscene is off from the start it doesn't load, for example a person or CUA, until it's turned on. Not sure it's like this, but if so probably to save resources.

Without knowing what works on your scene and what it has, perhaps you could find a sneaky way to turn on subscenes to garantee its parts loading without noticing. You could start one on from the start, a longer loading of the scene initially, and then turn it off, or alpha adjust to 0 something in a subscene set as On and trigger back the alpha when you need it, and some other ways.

Yes, that’s the issue I’m running into. The subscenes don’t load until switched on. Do you know the best method for turning them on and then off again without having to use a UI button or having the user actually have to trigger them? I think that’s my biggest issue right now with learning VaM…figuring out how to make things trigger without pressing a button… thanks for the response!

Well, it depends on how the scene is like and when you want a trigger... hmmm... triggering.
At the beginning I find the Scene Animation (menu) convenient. On my scenes I tend to have a short intro using hazmhox VAMOverlays and it's a good time to get things loading before the scene is presented. Timeline also works well,, either a initial animation with triggers or a different layer. Animation patterns can also do that, but probably more difficult to time right.

Back
Top Bottom