Need help with transfer or creation of model for VAM(Character model screen in desc)

Leshiy

Reactions
Greetings to the community, I have been studying VAM and how it works for some time, but I still have problems with transferring models, and if the approximate morphing can be transferred, it is with great difficulty and in VAM the character's morph does not look like in DAZ or Blender.
I have seen some pretty high-quality ports of models from other authors, i wrote to some createros, but still I have not received an answer from any, I hope someone here will be able to respond. If someone was interested i could give more information about character model that i want transfer in to VAM.

Attachments

• изображение_2024-01-27_180040268.png
    изображение_2024-01-27_180040268.png
    903.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did you see the guides shared on the subject?
Yes, I saw the guides and followed them, the main thing I understood is that it makes sense to work only with morphing and sculpting tools and only on Genesis 2 models; however, you cannot change the vertices and geometric mesh of the character in any way, otherwise there will be a geometry conflict in DAZ.

However, those two guides do not reveal possible problems and specific interactions with the mesh and character model other than basic interaction. Genesis 2 models have a division of body parts; when transferring this model to Blender, there are no clear rules about what you can do and what is not.
Did you see the guides shared on the subject?

I created a pretty good morph of a character specifically the head in Blender; the body is a single model, but the vertices of the mesh are divided into parts of the body and consistently changing each of them is quite problematic.

It seemed easy for me to select the desired part of the model from the list: Face, head, neck, etc. and start editing them, but when I successfully transferred the model morph to VAM, the character’s rig immediately broke down, the eyes began to crawl out of their sockets, the internal parts of the mouth such as the tongue too began to behave incorrectly.

Extreme morphs like those in the picture will be a nightmare. My advice is to practice with a more humanoid figure and work your way up to more extreme morphs.

Extreme morphs like those in the picture will be a nightmare. My advice is to practice with a more humanoid figure and work your way up to more extreme morphs.
Thanks for the advice. But here, rather, the problem is not in the morph itself i can make it, but in the fact that it breaks the rig of the model or specific parts of the rig, such as the eyes. I'm not sure if it's possible to adjust the model rig in DAZ so that everything moves correctly in VAM. There are no specific guides on how to work with the morph correctly so as not to break, for example, the character’s rig or how to edit specific parts of the character’s body such as the head and eyes.

From my limited experience the eyes are always a issue, those will be even worse.
In DAZ you need to do a Freeze ERC to match to the changed bone shapes. The body should pose no problem but the head will likely be as that's where the more extreme shapes are. I have no tips due to my limited knowledge and experience in that topic.

From my limited experience the eyes are always a issue, those will be even worse.
In DAZ you need to do a Freeze ERC to match to the changed bone shapes. The body should pose no problem but the head will likely be as that's where the more extreme shapes are. I have no tips due to my limited knowledge and experience in that topic.
Even with your little knowledge of this part, you hit the nail on the head. Basically I changed the shape of the head etc. but displacement of specific parts such as eyes and parts of the mouth, and even more so changing their size or shape, breaks the entire rig. I already have a couple of model morphs ready and in DAZ they are displayed normally, but in VAM it’s fear and horror. Although the specific shape of the head is transferred correctly.

Attachments

• изображение_2024-01-27_202613695.png
    изображение_2024-01-27_202613695.png
    462.9 KB · Views: 0
Specifically, here is an example of my transfer, in general, I did not create a morph from the base female Gen2 model; I took a ready-made character and made a new morph based on it. Maybe this is the problem and you need to use a morph of only the base model and not make it based on existing ones.

Attachments

• изображение_2024-01-27_203045869.png
    изображение_2024-01-27_203045869.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
In any case, thanks for responding. I have already contacted one of the creators, maybe he can take on this.

My post on smoothing and subdivides in blender to mimic the final output in vam. It's not like a pro video, it's just me figuring out how to create morphs and have them appear in vam very close their blender counter part. DAZ sucks for morphing, so don't even bother with that. I'm sure zbrush or other apps should have similar modifiers. Just remember to export w/o modifers and don't apply them to your blender object, or you'll change the vertex count, which will prevent it from going back to daz.

https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/are-the-morph-inconsistent-between-daz-and-vam.42253

Towards the bottom i show how to enable the modifiers in blender to 'mimic' the output in vam for a morph or edit that's set to smoothing factor of 4.

My post on smoothing and subdivides in blender to mimic the final output in vam. It's not like a pro video, it's just me figuring out how to create morphs and have them appear in vam very close their blender counter part. DAZ sucks for morphing, so don't even bother with that. I'm sure zbrush or other apps should have similar modifiers. Just remember to export w/o modifers and don't apply them to your blender object, or you'll change the vertex count, which will prevent it from going back to daz.

https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/are-the-morph-inconsistent-between-daz-and-vam.42253

Towards the bottom i show how to enable the modifiers in blender to 'mimic' the output in vam for a morph or edit that's set to smoothing factor of 4thabsj

Towards the bottom i show how to enable the modifiers in blender to 'mimic' the output in vam for a morph or edit that's set to smoothing factor of 4.
Thanks, I already figured out how to make it, just work with original G2model mainly not messed up with vertices count just re-sculpting original model. Final model was good but now there are issues with import some assets as clothing it stretching with body collisions and break assets it self.

Back
Top Bottom