• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Multiple poses/positions in single scene

fishcakes

Reactions
Ive seen some scenes by VAM users where the a person/s position and pose is changed at the click of a button. This is something I've been trying to unwrap in my head for a while. Im a big fan of AcidBubble Timeline, and would love to be above to switch sex positions and animations within a single scene without the models physics going mental. I was aware that Dollmaster is something that can be used to do this, but I cant seem to find a working version for VAM 1.19+.

Ive been searching for more information for some time now and not getting anywhere. Can anybody shed some light on how it can be done? Be great if I didn't have to load a different scene every time I want the actors to change position.

Good question. For me this is still a search too. There are more ways, but nothing really obvious and simple in my opinion.

First option is too use loadmergescene. If only positions are changed then you can loadmerge the next scene and you have very little loading time. I think this is the best option normally.

But you can also use pose presets triggers. The problem is with normal poses the root isn't stored so if your character has somewhat different position it won't work. When you save the poses in pose presets you can store root and when you load these the character can move to a different position in the scene in a different pose. I have an open question in forum why my handpositioning isn't save in those pose presets, because I think they should. But that's a different story.

I saw some other more options with plugins that i didn't understand that well. Maybe the Timeline plugin can do it, I am not sure about it. But I think these are the best and easiest way to start with.

Upvote 0
@VamBam Thanks. Timeline certainly allows you to switch positions/poses at the press of a button - but the transition between the poses is messy. I cant seem to find a way to make an instant switch for 2 persons where the physics and collisions don't make a mess.

@MacGruber Yep - I saw the new scene functionality in 1.20. But reading the descriptions - as far as I understand it - it still requires some kind of manual load as opposed to in-game buttons switching positions. But I may not be understanding correctly. Looking forward to more information/videos from MVR to explain things further.

I was really hoping I could find a version of DollMaster that works with the latest VAM. Is the plugin still being developed are far as anybody knows?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is also the new scene template / sub-scene system in VaM 1.20. Might be useful for this, haven't messed with it, yet.
That's true you can do it easily with subscenes as well, but there is a problem. I can't find a way to trigger the switching between a subscene in play mode. So you have to manually load a new subscene as far as I know. That's why I didn't mention it. But this would be a nice way to do it. Hopefully the option comes or maybe I overlooked something.

Upvote 0
I realised that when saving poses, VAM 1.20 allows you to save the root control position as part of the pose preset, which is really helpful.

So, I was tinkering with Timeline last night and managed to get somewhere ( copied from the Timeline discussion ) :-
  • I took a person and saved two poses in different positions.
  • Added 2 UI buttons to switch the person between the 2 poses, which is instantaneous; no transition or funky physics freakouts!
  • Created 2 animation layers in timeline with two different animations.
  • Added a timeline 'stop and reset' action to both the 2 UI buttons.
  • On button 1 I fire a play layer1/anim1 action, and on button 2 fire layer2/anim2.
Now, when I press the 2 buttons, the person instantly switches to the new pose, resets all animation, and plays the animation fired by the button. Seems to work quite well - although I haven't tried with 2 people yet. Still, its a workflow I never considered before.

Im going to experiment with merge load as that might still be the easiest way to do it. But the above is still quite interesting and something im going to experiment with. If it works with two interacting people, its a nice way to make interactive single scenes using Timeline.

Upvote 0
I realised that when saving poses, VAM 1.20 allows you to save the root control position as part of the pose preset, which is really helpful.

So, I was tinkering with Timeline last night and managed to get somewhere ( copied from the Timeline discussion ) :-
  • Added 2 UI buttons to switch the person between the 2 poses, which is instantaneous; no transition or funky physics freakouts!
  • On button 1 I fire a play layer1/anim1 action, and on button 2 fire layer2/anim2.
Now, when I press the 2 buttons, the person instantly switches to the new pose, resets all animation, and plays the animation fired by the button. Seems to work quite well - although I haven't tried with 2 people yet. Still, its a workflow I never considered before.

Im going to experiment with merge load as that might still be the easiest way to do it. But the above is still quite interesting and something im going to experiment with. If it works with two interacting people, its a nice way to make interactive single scenes using Timeline.

hi Fishcake, I too am looking to understand how you can switch positions without reloading the complete scene. I am wondering if you found a solution to this. Example:

UIButton "Missionary" would trigger two characters playing a timeline animation in a corner of a room.
UIButton "Cowgirl" would trigger two characters playing a timeline animation in a different corner of the same room.

All of this, to avoid the costly reload of the complete scene.

I am EXTREMELY interested to find a solution to all of this.

Upvote 0
Now, when I press the 2 buttons, the person instantly switches to the new pose, resets all animation, and plays the animation fired by the button. Seems to work quite well - although I haven't tried with 2 people yet.
You got it right.

I've used this method extensively here:

It works for 2 people as well. Check the pillory.

Upvote 0

You can do all of that in a single button. You can also do that as a trigger in timeline.

Order is important... Stop all animations on the objects that are changing pose and anything interacting with or will be interacting with them, load pose preset by path for person 1, load pose preset by path for person 2, start animations.
* note: pose preset by path
- Reciever atom: {person}
- Receiver: PosePresets
- Receiver Target: LoadPresetWithPath
That last is very important. Especially if you package it.
** If the pose has the guy or object inside the girl then do the guy or the object second

As a trigger in Timeline you can also use this to "self heal" an animation. You have to play with it a bit to remove the jitter though.
* If you are doing it inside an animation as a self heal, you do not need to stop the animation. You just need to edit .1 before and .1 after to try to reduce the jitter.
I do it without subscenes or merge load in the last two scenes I created. You can look there. The Bondage Horse scene also has a button to fix the position if the guy slips out. (Not really necessary given it should self heal but you never know)

If you try to disentangle what I did and have questions feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom