Morph Merge/Create FormulaMorphs

RandomVAMUser

Reactions
I am well aware of plugins like Morph Merger and also updated Morph Merge and Split
Both plugins merge all selected morphs into single morph (or split into head/body).
Once morphs are merged that's it... this is opposite of what i am looking for.

My question (or request):
Would it be possible to make plugin that creates formula morphs instead or fully merging them?

Why?
If I am not mistaken you can zero out formulaMorphs and still keep all active(driven) morph values, even after scene load.
This way set of fomula morphs could be used 'on the fly' and simply tweak driven morphs as you see fit.
Say you have character with 150-200 morphs, you could split them into own groups (formulaMorphs) and mix/use only parts you like (from that character).
Maybe have own sets of goto 'presets' (formula morphs) to re-use and build upon.

Unless there are some issues with formulaMorphs (inside vam) that i am not aware of.
In that case forget everything i said above.

might not be what you're looking for but in case it helps

Ok so...after quick test.
I can see that blend option sort of emulating a formulaMorph (for 10 morphs).

So you can add up to 10 morphs (per plugin entry),
but you have to manually enter morph name and value range for each morph (from 0 to whatever value original look is using).

If there was sort of detection (like with merger or other morph related plugins)
it would be much faster instead of typing names and potentially misspelling (maybe auto-detect favorite morphs).
Definitely little bit cumbersome at first, but i guess that .csv export could help down the road. :unsure:

Anyway...Thanks for suggestion!

Need more testing to see if this is something i can get used to, already see myself adding like 100+ morphs manually and raging.
go inside morphs, remember name & value, goto plugin, back to morphs, back to plugin, misspell morph name, go back... :ROFLMAO:

yup, it's for small groups of max 10 and to allow you to change them dynamically through triggers. I wouldn't use it for hundreds of morphs ,way too tedious

I can't say more on formula morphs, sorry, i don't know how they work or what's actually saved within the morphs

Back
Top Bottom