More than 2 lights: bad shadows

Oukia

Reactions
Hello everybody 🙂
I tested lots of functionality of VAM and it’s incredible. But I noticed when I add more than 2 lights in my scene, shadows disappear and shaders are weird, they look washed.
I know that there are lots of limitations of VAM 1.20 with lighting but is it normal or did I make a mistake! Should I change render mode of invisible lights?

Do you have skybox lighting on in the Scene Lighting tab? It lights a character up independenly of the invisible lights and washes out the shadows.

Check your pixel light count setting (inside user preferences).

For example if it's set at 2 and there are 5 lights (using auto reder mode) inside scene,
only 2 of those are gonna use pixel (rest of them gonna auto switch to vertex).

VaM is gonna auto calculate (using some voodoo magic) which of those 5 are most important to leave at pixel mode (based on distance, range, intensity...etc).
Unless all lights are set at "force pixel" render mode, in than case user setting is bypassed (it only works if left at "auto").

Only way to bypass that limit of 6 and avoid visible switching is to use force pixel on each light source...but you rarelly need more than 6 lights. :rolleyes:

Check your pixel light count setting (inside user preferences).

For example if it's set at 2 and there are 5 lights (using auto reder mode) inside scene,
only 2 of those are gonna use pixel (rest of them gonna auto switch to vertex).

VaM is gonna auto calculate (using some voodoo magic) which of those 5 are most important to leave at pixel mode (based on distance, range, intensity...etc).
Unless all lights are set at "force pixel" render mode, in than case user setting is bypassed (it only works if left at "auto").

Only way to bypass that limit of 6 and avoid visible switching is to use force pixel on each light source...but you rarelly need more than 6 lights. :rolleyes:
Thank you very much, I didn't see this setting. A lot better now!! :love:

Back
Top Bottom