• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

More realistic skin textures!

rweb

Reactions
Ever since this application was created, I've been on a quest to find more realistic skin textures. Most standard and even third-party skins lack the photorealism of wrinkles, blemishes, moles, zits, body hair, blotchy complexion, tan lines and so on...imperfections that all bodies have, which our models should have too, IMO. Most of the custom skins, and even the standard skins, are too flat and featureless. The lack of realism makes models look like plastic dolls.

I'm hoping that VAM Creators will make more female model skins with more 'mature' and realistic features. Thanks for all your work.

Ever since this application was created, I've been on a quest to find more realistic skin textures. Most standard and even third-party skins lack the photorealism of wrinkles, blemishes, moles, zits, body hair, blotchy complexion, tan lines and so on...imperfections that all bodies have, which our models should have too, IMO. Most of the custom skins, and even the standard skins, are too flat and featureless. The lack of realism makes models look like plastic dolls.

I'm hoping that VAM Creators will make more female model skins with more 'mature' and realistic features. Thanks for all your work.

Good lighting also helps! I've recently shared a load of lighting setups. You can find them here. All the skins in the screenshots are from @RenVR . I concur...they are the best.

just in case you didn't know her already

Thanks everybody for the replies!

I am familiar with Ren, and I agree his skins are some of the best out there. I'll see what he's up to lately on his Patreon. I've also seen the Susan look from ZinoZelvet, it is top notch, exactly the kind of thing I'd like to see more of. I am always looking for more assets like these, I hope VAM creators will keep stepping up to the plate and making them.

I think that most creators are reticent about adding imperfections to their work, which is the reason I started this thread. I would just submit for your consideration that imperfections are the foundation of characteristic quality. A bit of leg stubble, a mole, a wrinkle or a bit of cellulite might make a model 5% less 'beautiful,' while making it 50% more realistic.

Last edited:
Agree that it is good to have a variety of models/skins to enjoy - everybody has different tastes at different times.

I've used REN's textures as a basis for my girls - adding scars, wrinkles, moles, stretch marks, tattoos veins etc. My latest girl has clearly had a bilateral salpingectomy and has stretch marks - as well as varicose/spider veins on her legs. Pregnancy is tough on a girl! She also has a nasty burn scar on her arm from a chip-fryer incident.........

I've used REN's textures as a basis for my girls - adding scars, wrinkles, moles, stretch marks, tattoos veins etc.

Yes, I done this method today using multiple layers. Worked out very good.
It's very easy to do as well, just create a separate folder and save all your layers as a PNG.

I just wanna shout out S P L I N E for the PHENOMENAL skins I have been seeing on his models. I think he has become my favorite skin artist, because his work features the kind of realism and characteristic 'imperfections' that I have been looking for.

Thank you @s p l i n e VR for your incredible work!

I just wanna shout out S P L I N E for the PHENOMENAL skins I have been seeing on his models. I think he has become my favorite skin artist, because his work features the kind of realism and characteristic 'imperfections' that I have been looking for.

Thank you @s p l i n e VR for your incredible work!
Cheers buddy. Im not quitting any time soon 👍

Cheers buddy. Im not quitting any time soon 👍

I should mention that your models also have some of the best morphology, physics tweaking, and hair styling I have seen. Tons of value in each one. You deserve accolades, or way more upvotes than you've been getting. I hope the community catches on to you soon!

Back
Top Bottom