Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Assets Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Farger

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Farger submitted a new resource:

Mirror Mirror on the Wall - Reflections of Reality

This resource is an oval mirror represented as a Custom Unity Asset (CUA). I am open to feedback on additional mirror shapes that you may be interested in, as well as different options for perspective and resolution.

There are a number of Easter Egg surprises added to enhance the experience of the demo scene. A special thanks to @mspeck01 for sound development for this resource.

View attachment 410753View attachment 410752View attachment 410755View attachment 410754

Read more about this resource...

Farger you have done it again.
Sexy dancing in front of a mirror with sparkling effects all around!
This demo scene can be used for many things. :LOL:

Last edited:
Farger updated Mirror Mirror on the Wall with a new update entry:

Updated to a total of 3 mirror shapes and 2 resolution options

This update adds a new "mirror bundle pack" as an assetbundle that now has a total of 3 shapes: the original oval shape, a square mirror and a mirror shaped as a circle. Each of the three mirrors has a 1080 pixel (hd) and 2160 pixel (4k) version.

There is also a new demo scene, Reflections Demo 2, which includes selector buttons to quickly switch to each of the three shapes. (See last image below).

View attachment 411947View attachment 411946View attachment 411948View attachment 411945

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please test it out and let me know. The hd versions haven't been too hard on framerates from my testing so far.
If "4K" is 4096 for VaM Glass, then yours use less resource, only issue is the Scale that we can't change(if you Scale, it just Scale the Picture).
I think 2048/4096 would be the best set, 1080p is too low.

If "4K" is 4096 for VaM Glass, then yours use less resource, only issue is the Scale that we can't change(if you Scale, it just Scale the Picture).
I think 2048/4096 would be the best set, 1080p is too low.
I am sorry if I used the wrong terms. Honestly, I am being cautious in going high in the resolution in order to avoid impact on framerates. By 4k, I mean 4k uhd which is typically implied as 3840 x 2160, though I understand in some markets it is viewed as 4096. To make the image square, I used 2160 x 2160 resolution. I also used 2 passes of anti-aliasing, but I could do more. Basically, I could easily do higher level options, I was taking steps to see what people wanted.

The mirror is the display material for the image, so if you scale down the size of the mirror, it will scale down the image. Due to the implementation methods of this resource, there is nothing I can do about that. If the scaling is a concern, it would be better to use other resources.

I think having 2 High Quality Set would be the best, with ability to Scale the mirror, for the rest, no Color Reflection Level or anything else like VaM Glass, its useless.

Take not that your 3840 x 2160 is almost the same quality as 4096 with far less resource used(more than 30FPS less), again only issue is No Scale, but i don't think it was meant to be used as VaM replacement, just Simple Mirror for House Corridor, Bathroom and Stuff.

Maybe a way to control the FoV of the Internal Camera.

I think having 2 High Quality Set would be the best, with ability to Scale the mirror, for the rest, no Color Reflection Level or anything else like VaM Glass, its useless.

Take not that your 3840 x 2160 is almost the same quality as 4096 with far less resource used(more than 30FPS less), again only issue is No Scale, but i don't think it was meant to be used as VaM replacement, just Simple Mirror for House Corridor, Bathroom and Stuff.

Maybe a way to control the FoV of the Internal Camera.
Thank you for your ideas. Yes, this is just meant as another option, each option has different benefits, strengths and weaknesses. I keep trying to do my best.

I will need the help of other creators to find a way to control the field of view dynamically.

Back
Top Bottom