microphone command speech

frenchjul

Reactions
Good morning all
I'm looking for help with a mic-bound trigers.
I would like when I activate a triger that a text bubble appears with the text that I dictate.
If you prefer, the text that I dictate into my microphone is displayed in a speech bubble
Do you have an idea to achieve this?
sorry for the spelling i am not english and i use a translator
thank you in advance for your help

I'm looking for help with a mic-bound trigers.
At least that part could be done using my SpeechRecognition plugin, which, via a Unity wrapper, makes Windows 10 speech API available in VaM. Its suposed to be used together with LogicBricks, obviously.

The Unity wrappper does suppport dictation, if I remember correctly. So, in theory, the VaM plugin could be extended or you could code a similar plugin using it as a starting point. I won't do that, though. You got to do it yourself or find someone.

Actually I don't understand the request. Why would you want the text immediately displayed as speech bubble, what's the purpose? What I assume (but you aren't saying) is that actually you want a tool that helps you setup speech bubble dialog scenes from VR, where it might indeed be easier to dictate than to type. So, you want to be able to enter dictated text into a selected text field, very different thing?

hello mcgruber and thank you well at first, yes, just being able to dictate my text in vr would be a real plus! I tried the speechrecognition plugins without success..., I must be wrong in the parameters. Then for my initial request, yes that's right I would like the person to display with a bubble what I just dictated :)

bonjour mcgruber et merci
et bien dans un premier temps, oui , juste pouvoir dicter mon texte en vr serais un réel plus !
j'ai essayé le plugins speechrecognition sans succès... ,je dois me tromper dans les paramètres.
Ensuite pour ma demande initial , oui c'est bien ça j'aimerais que la personne affiche avec une bulle ce que je viens de dicter :)

For the demo to work you need to install the EN-US speech package in Windows and also set your Windows speech language to EN-US. It really has to be EN-US, e.g. EN-GB or anything else doesn't work.

The plugin can handle other languages, e.g. French should be possible, if you install the appropriate packages AND use a Grammar XML with that same language set. However, for the demo I used EN-US, simply because it should be the most common and each XML can only support one language.

Also worth noting is that this plugin is using your system default microphone, not your microphone setting in Oculus or SteamVR software! Make sure your mic is enabled and has a reasonable volume setting, not muted etc.

Agreed, well I think what I would like to do is too complicated for me. Yes I use the rift microphone which is set as hardware in windows, I can dictate my text in vam in desktop mode it works, but in vr there is no text detection for the microphone. Thanks anyway ;) For tonight I give up, I'll try again later...

Entendu ,bon je pense que ce que j'aimerai faire est trop compliqué pour moi .
Oui j'utilise le micro du rift qui est paramétré comme matériel dans windows ,je peux dicter mon texte dans vam en mode bureau cela fonctionne, mais en vr il n'y a pas de détection de texte pour le micro .
Merci quand même ;)
Pour ce soir j’abandonne , je réessayerai plus tard ...

Back
Top Bottom