Mage and Martian

Assets Mage and Martian

Farger updated Mage and Martian with a new update entry:

Seeking beta testers for new magic effects

This update includes 4 new magic effects implemented in both short play and continuous loop variations. I appreciate your feedback and ideas for improvement. The new effects include:
- Destruction spell
- Telekinesis
- Transmute
- Fire destruction

The updates also include prototype effects for casting spells from hands and magic wands.

The fire effect is best implemented close to the ground. The destruction, telekinesis and transmute spells are best implemented one meter or more above...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I didn't even notice that this particle effect scales in size, most do not, I'll have to go back and look what makes this one different. My intent for those effects was to blend the particle effects reflection with the distortion field, so it is not so much odd from my point of view, but a choice in trying to create something new. I can understand that this is not something desired in each use case for the effect, especially in sky backgrounds that you demonstrated, so I can easily take out the distortion. I may place those updates in my Volume 2 particle pack since that is where my main focus is at the moment, I will let you know when these are posted. There is a pink color version of one of these effects already in the Volume 1 pack, in the potpourri subfolder.

Thank you for the feedback, and have a great week.

The effects fiery_magic_ring and fiery_magic_convergence have an odd looking distortion disc that doesn't scale with Physics Object > Scale like the rest of the effect does. In my opinion the effects would look good without that.

EDIT: In case the attachment remains inaccessible:
I appreciate that you asked about this. I actually learned something I had not known before about making particle effects scalable in size by the settings within VAM. I will post an update soon without the distortion, id like to also include some new magic orbs with that update as well.

Oops, tried to delete the broken attachment but deleted my original post instead 😅

Farger updated Mage and Martian with a new update entry:

Magic Orb Update!

This update includes:
- A new set of magic orbs of pink, gold, red and blue
-- There are two variants of each orb: one variant with a subtle lighting effect and one without
-- All of the orbs are scalable in size using the scaling function for the CUA
- An experimental 3d orb cluster (red)
- An upgrade for previously released effects that makes these effects scalable in size
-- Updated: spell ward shield, web shield v1, web shield v2
- Created variants of the fiery magic effects

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oops, tried to delete the broken attachment but deleted my original post instead 😅
The updates that you asked about are included in version 7. If you would like more tweaks, please let me know. I have some new particle materials that look more like flares, etc.

Back
Top Bottom