Low Quality Hex Textures?

chinum236

Reactions
Hi, I've been trying to find a post similar to the issue I am having here but could not find any.

I am not sure if this is a texture issue, skin issue, or plugin issue. I am hoping someone will know what this is and how to fix it. The textures on my character seems to have large hex/vertices? Not sure how to explain it. I've tried changing skins and followed a guide changing textures but it did nothing. I want her to have smoother skin and I am running a lot of plugins for smoother skin/textures already. I don't know what is needed to be provided but let me know and I will update you.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Use this.

and also check what your smooth passes is set to in the performance tab.

So I tried that tessellation plugin and when I apply it on my character atom, it does not display anything. However, I downloaded the session plugin for tessellation and that one works. How do I get it to work on the atom level? And also, in the session plugin, it does not keep the changes on Legs, Hips, Thighs, and a few more saying it is masked. What does that mean?

I also found changing my Shaders to high and increasing the amount of Smooth Passes helped significantly.

This can also be caused by bad lighting and weird shadows. Adding additional light sources from a other angle could fix this aswell. Lighting is the biggest factor for having good or bad textures and can also cause weird artifacts on textures. You should have a light sources from the right, aiming a bit on the butt and under the butt. The top of your character looks fine, it's only the butt and legs. Which indicates that it isn't a bad quality texture but a lighting issue.

Here is a example of bad lighting, it gives a weird effects on the skin.
1723384677.jpg

Here is a example with more additional lighting sources. Weird effects are gone, way more detailed while it is the same skin, character and scene. Everything is exact the same except some additional light sources from different angles.

1723384776.jpg

Last edited:
So I tried that tessellation plugin and when I apply it on my character atom, it does not display anything. However, I downloaded the session plugin for tessellation and that one works. How do I get it to work on the atom level? And also, in the session plugin, it does not keep the changes on Legs, Hips, Thighs, and a few more saying it is masked. What does that mean?
Update:

I think I fixed my issues. Not sure if this is the correct way, but I am loading into a custom default scene and made the changes on the tessellation session plugin and saved it over my default scene.

Here is a example with more additional lighting sources. Weird effects are gone, way more detailed while it is the same skin, character and scene. Everything is exact the same except some additional light sources from different angles.
This is a great example, thank you.

• Check whether your light sources have pixel light enabled. That should be the most important one.
  • Otherwise check Shader quality and Smooth Passes in User Preferences.
  • Tessellation should not be needed (at least not to address this issue)

Back
Top Bottom