Looking for easy Windows Folder and File Versioning Tool to manage VAM

mightkc

Reactions
Hi there. I'm looking for something easy to install where I can manage "file sets" where I have added files across the folder structure to a clean instance of VAM, and then I can later restore the clean version, or re-add the labeled file sets.

Something like Git LFS or some kind of local version control for VAM.

Imagine something like Mod Organizer 2 that might even be able to use symlinks or something.

Essentially, just looking for a less-manual way, in Windows, to move out files and folders in and out easily into a Clean VAM.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

You maybe find this thread interesting.
I still have not tested it till now, so no guarantees.

Thanks, though the tool seems oriented to VAR management. I'm looking for something that tracks (and can rollback) changes to the VAM install directory.

OK, than I am out. As I was in the gaming industry 300 years ago (or so it feels), we had those version-management tools, so nobody would have worked with an old version or upload an old one. This was something similar, tracking every change done in a set of folders, do a detailed log and could do rollbacks. Can't remember the name, but it was something bulky and expensive back then. I bet you will get something like this as shareware now. This is a very common tool for workgroups.

Edit: I just realized that you allready have suggested a version-control tool yourselfe. So maybe you can find a slim and free local-one by searching in this direction.
You are right, something like Mod Organizer or Vortex for VaM would be great, but I don't know such a tool.
Maybe there is something like this only known in an asia community, for instance... like the tool I have linked above.

Back
Top Bottom