• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Licensing Question concerning "Questionable" Hub Hosted Item

Mhunter047

Reactions
I amin the process of uploading a scene and it includes Molmark's "Drip'n'Drops Pube". I am a little confused because the system warned me that this will make my scene "non Hub Hosted". This surprises me as the Molmark asset IS hub hosted. Can I safely check the box that says, "It meets the standards of our site policies"? I considered taking this asset out of the package, but I really like the affect that brings.

Ideally Molmark should change the license to a CC one as he gave permission by text to use them, that woould make things more clear for everyone.
You can check the box.

It seems that my question was pointless, as even with that box checked the file will not be "Hub Hosted". So... I am going to remove the files from the scene, it is a really nice affect, but not worth never being downloaded due to not being on the Hub.

Thanks

It would still be on the hub, it just wouldn't be listed in the default asset display in game. Being hub hosted gets you more exposure, but it can still be seen if it's not.

It would still be on the hub, it just wouldn't be listed in the default asset display in game. Being hub hosted gets you more exposure, but it can still be seen if it's not.
Yeah, I know but it has a lot of dependencies and if people are like me, they have to really want a scene to download all the dependencies manually.

License and Hub-hosting are different things.
If you upload a VAR to the Hub and all its dependencies are available in the Hub, then you get the "hub-hosted" tag, It won't matter the dependencies licenses, only if they're available to download from the Hub.
If your resource is uploaded to the Hub but one or more dependencies are not in the Hub, regardless if they're free or paid, any license or even no license, then your resource will not receive the "Hub-hosted" tag.

Taking your scenes as the example, the one without the "hub-hosted" tag is because of one dependency: vecterror._MorphCollection_.latest
If that dependency didn't exist or was swapped for a hub-hosted one, you'd have a "hub-hosted" tag.

As you can see the licenses don't matter for the tag, even some dependencies that are shared for free have a ridiculous license of PC, like Xspada.Stella@Hard.latest, that is converted to a more sensible CC BY-NC-ND by the Hub, although it only shows in the resource page.

Last edited:
License and Hub-hosting are different things.
If you upload a VAR to the Hub and all its dependencies are available in the Hub, then you get the "hub-hosted" tag, It won't matter the dependencies licenses, only if they're available to download from the Hub.
If your resource is uploaded to the Hub but one or more dependencies are not in the Hub, regardless if they're free or paid, any license or even no license, then your resource will not receive the "Hub-hosted" tag.

Taking your scenes as the example, the one without the "hub-hosted" tag is because of one dependency: vecterror._MorphCollection_.latest
If that dependency didn't exist or was swapped for a hub-hosted one, you'd have a "hub-hosted" tag.

As you can see the licenses don't matter for the tag, even some dependencies that are shared for free have a ridiculous license of PC, like Xspada.Stella@Hard.latest, that is converted to a more sensible CC BY-NC-ND by the Hub, although it only shows in the resource page.
lol... that vecterror morph collection is a sore subject! I can't find where it is connected at to get rid of it. I did go through my entire homemade pose collection today and remove dependencies to get my latest scene hub hosted. Maybe I can update that old one and get it hub hosted as well.

There's a dependency application in the Hub if you don't want to search the scene's JSON. I'd bet it's a morph in the female, check the red ones.
Hub-hosted tag as @SlimerJSpud mentioned is advantageous for you as people can see your resource on the default Hub Browser view.

It's tedious, but you can go through each morph used by a character and then search for that morph name. There are *many* duplicate morph names in Vam. If the same morph is listed in more than one morph pack, then zero out the one from vecterror and put the same value in for another morph pack that is hub hosted. You might also be able to find the culprit faster using a good text editor on the scene json.

Edit: Love your new scene, BTW!

It's tedious, but you can go through each morph used by a character and then search for that morph name. There are *many* duplicate morph names in Vam. If the same morph is listed in more than one morph pack, then zero out the one from vecterror and put the same value in for another morph pack that is hub hosted. You might also be able to find the culprit faster using a good text editor on the scene json.

Edit: Love your new scene, BTW!
Yeah, I learned that a while back when I made my last scene. What I didn't understand, but think I do now, is that every pose referenced in a directory is a problem if it has a strange morph. Even if it is not actually used in the scene. If I keep making scenes and sharing them, I am going to have to clean up my act and create a directory of poses for each scene. That would be smart anyway!

And... thanks for the compliment. That scene was a stretch and learning exercise as I really tried to learn MacGruber's logic and implement it to get the action I wanted. It was fun, and a headache to make, but those challenges keep me engaged.

Back
Top Bottom