KoteEars - Animatable Cat Ears

Assets KoteEars - Animatable Cat Ears

Ray Wing

Reactions
Ray Wing submitted a new resource:

KoteEars - Animatable Cat Ears - Ears of a certain cat race. Shape can be changed by morphs and can be animated.

View attachment 47031 View attachment 47032 View attachment 47033 View attachment 47034 View attachment 47035 View attachment 47036

Usage:
1. Load or create a scene with a Person atom.
2. Add a new CustomUnityAsset to the scene.
3. Select the added CustomUnityAsset and load koteears asset from the KoteEars package.
4. Select the ears CustomUnityAsset, go to the Move tab and align ears to the "head" node of the Person.
5. Reposition and rescale the ears asset to...

Read more about this resource...

This is great, Love it. Works awesome and really adds alot to the scene when the ears can move around along with facial expressions. Tho somethings thats been killing me, is trying to figure out what hair was used in the screenshots? lol xD. Only refernece to the hair I cud find is the Dependency list said "NoStage3.Hair_Long_Upswept_Top_Bun." However, that def not it xD.

Thank you! The hairs are 2 styles combined and slightly edited. I can't share the packages but if you already have them here is the hair preset.

Attachments

• Preset_KoteEarsScreenshots.vap
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
Ray Wing updated KoteEars - Animatable Cat Ears with a new update entry:

Version 2 - L/R morphs, roll morphs, scale morphs, multiple ears support

• KoteEarsController plugin now supports ears on multiple persons in a scene. You need to attach it to ears CustomUnityAsset now instead of a person atom. But if you have only one person with ears in the scene it will still work when attached to the person.
  • A new Roll morph to rotate the ears along the long axis. It does not rotate the ears base though.
  • Separate morphs for left and right ear.
  • Length and width morphs which scale the asset along two axes independently.

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is awesome, thanks for making it.

Any plans to make a matching tail to complete the "certain cat race" look?

This is awesome, thanks for making it.

Any plans to make a matching tail to complete the "certain cat race" look?
This was exactly my plan but I got sidetracked so can't promise that it happens anytime soon. Also tried some existing tails but they are not very good :(

This was exactly my plan but I got sidetracked so can't promise that it happens anytime soon. Also tried some existing tails but they are not very good :(
Yeah for real, VAM is seriously lacking in the catgirl department. And it makes me sad.

I actually spent a lot of time tooling around in DAZ going for this look. The ears were always the problem there. The few that existed were always the typical wider style rather than the narrow-pointed 'kote' type. Eventually settled on using assets ripped from the game and imported as FBX. Not ideal but worked ok. Seriously this is great stuff. To be honest I'd kill for something like this available in daz.

Finding hairstyles that hide the models "natural" ears is always a pain too ;_; both in daz and vam. Even morphed away having the sides of the head exposed is some serious uncanny valley stuff, lol.

The tails that I've found for VAM, yeah most aren't great. The ones that I think might work, being CUAs, lack customization. With my limited skillset, anyways. :(

Last edited:
Oh that's true. With EarsGone morph applied - any hairstyle which does not cover the human ears location is a no-go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom