Question JSON Look Import

skater4

Reactions
Hi guys, can someone pls tell me how to import JSON model from foto2vam to VAM?

I was just about to ask the same thing. I have tried putting the generated .json files under my saved appearances folder, but they would not show up when I tried to import it as an appearance preset (my normal way of changing characters). I thought maybe they didn't show up for lack of a thumbnail image, but adding one of those didn't work either. Another thread I looked at talked about just opening the file as a "scene", but if you examine the .json file, it says it's a person. I have not tried that yet, but I think I might have the same issue seeing the .json file inside VAM?

Upvote 0
My guess would be it uses the old legacy "save look" format. Put the json in Saves\Person\appearance, then load it using "load look" from the "Control&physics 1" tab.

Then save it as an appearance preset.

Upvote 0
My guess would be it uses the old legacy "save look" format. Put the json in Saves\Person\appearance, then load it using "load look" from the "Control&physics 1" tab.

Then save it as an appearance preset.
The "old" save look format? I am using this the whole time 😅 what is the difference between these formats? I prefer the json format because it saves the name of the character.

Upvote 0
I was able to follow the instructions from the other thread, and just copied the json file to my saved scenes directory and open it with the Open Scene button, not the all scene browser button, but the one just to the left of it. It opened very dark due to there being no lights. The other thread mentioned merge loading a scene with 3 lights to fix that, but what I ended up doing was just going into edit mode, picking the root person, and then saved an appearance preset from there, which I could then load up into another default scene to work on it.

Upvote 0
The "old" save look format? I am using this the whole time 😅 what is the difference between these formats? I prefer the json format because it saves the name of the character.
The fact that it saves (and loads) the name of the model is the problem. Triggers refer to person atoms by name, so if you "load look" to replace the model in a complex scene, the name changes and any triggers related to that model will no longer function.

Upvote 0
The fact that it saves (and loads) the name of the model is the problem. Triggers refer to person atoms by name, so if you "load look" to replace the model in a complex scene, the name changes and any triggers related to that model will no longer function.
Oh okay i see. Thanks for the explanation

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom