Question Is there a way to export the Triggers (LipTrigger, MouthTrigger and so on) as a preset and import it in other scenes?

lifesuckz69

Reactions
Just as the title says: I finally figured out how to use those inbuilt Triggers and now I am wondering (and can't find) if you can export those and import on a model in a different scene somehow.
I know where to set appearance or morphs or plugins and such, but don't see anything for those triggers.

You can't import/export them as a preset, no.
Triggers can point to any atoms, making them impossible to save as presets: they wouldn't find their targets in another scene.

However, there is a very handy something called Subscenes in VAM.
If you put the atoms containing your triggers (UIButtons, AnimationPatterns, atoms with Timeline plugin...) into a subscene along with all the triggers targets, then you can import it into any other scene. Because you'll have the triggers + their targets altogether.

So in your case, put your model + any atom targeted by the person triggers into a subscene.
It will always import the same model when you load the subscene, but then you only have to switch their appearance (because this time, as you said, appearances can be saved as presets :p).

"Sounds good, how do I use subscenes?", you ask? Well, you're in for some reading: here's a cool guide.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom