Question Is there a plugin for this?

holdthemilk

Reactions
Hey all I have been working on re-rigging animations and need some help. I am using the "link to atom" feature to take certain parts of an animation and re-rig it to a library of other movements. The reason for this is because on some animations the character moves away from the control node, which will throw off an animation that may follow it as many animations start from the origin of the control node. I have tried moving the control node of each animation sequence in VamTimelineAtomAnimation so they line up but when the sequence moves to the next one it jumps around heavily. So I am now linking the nodes of another person and recording just the parts that I want. Because setting up all the nodes to link to the source person takes some time to do, I decided to save a file where all I would have to do is drop in another animation, change the pose of the person that I want the animation to go to and have it match a frame in the animation that I am grabbing from.

Create link shortcut.jpg

The problem is that whenever I change the pose of the person that I want to put the animations on the link to the other person breaks. I have tried several things to get this to work but no success. Is there a plugin that I can use to quickly setup so I don't have manually link every node to the source person every time? Or is there a way in VamTimelineAtomAnimation to get a smooth transition between a control node that ends in one location and starts in another without it jumping around?

Back
Top Bottom