Question Is there any known plugin for foveated rendering?

astronomy21

Reactions
The headset I'm using has eye tracking module and it can offer foveated rendering.
So in theory if any client has support for the interface, fps might suffer much less (20%?)

I'm pretty sure there are none, however, typically the FPS is mostly affected by the CPU. It's worth trying to reduce the resolution only but keep physics settings high and see how much it helps and how much FPS you would really save. Foveated rendering makes lot of sense in GPU-intensive games (Detroit, etc.) less CPU-intensive ones (VaM).

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure there are none, however, typically the FPS is mostly affected by the CPU. It's worth trying to reduce the resolution only but keep physics settings high and see how much it helps and how much FPS you would really save. Foveated rendering makes lot of sense in GPU-intensive games (Detroit, etc.) less CPU-intensive ones (VaM).

That’s an interesting point, although my hunch with reducing the resolution would help noticeably.
I might need some proper preparation for the test first. Thanks for the reply and will get back here.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom