Question Is it possible to set up a trigger so that an object will make a sound when you move it?

Reactions
Is it possible to set up a trigger so that an object will make a sound when you move it, with a certain speed or not?

In real life, when some objects move there is a sound associated to them (car, clothes, furniture, etc.). I am not sure if this is realizable in VaM in any way?

It depends on how you want to move your object.

If you want to move it using predefined animations, it's doable. Using Timeline, you can do it with a simple animation: add the "Control" controller and a trigger track. The trigger track would be used to start sounds. You'll need to adjust it to the actual movement. Could be tedious depending on what you wanna do.

If it's free move using the VAM interface or when an object is moved by any way, I'll guess you'll need to make a plugin for that. I don't think there is such plugin that already exists.
I don't know how challenging it can be. It would need a pretty big sound library, I guess. Just so your F1 doesn't sound like a rusty vintage car.
But if you want to realistically move a car in VAM, it would require great distances. Better to keep the car still and move the environment around it ^^

Note that I'm not telling that for clothes (I'm guessing you're talking about them when worn): they are not assets, there is no way to know when they're really moving nor how they'll move (which is crucial for defining the sound to play).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom