In the forest

Scenes In the forest

ZRSX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
zrsx
@ZRSX
Hm... so first you set high standard by creating this guide (how to reduce nonsense inside package ...like a "pro"):
....and than you decided to redistribute (make duplicate) with 'vam included' loose hairstyle (Jackaroo/LeePompadour)? ...like a "noob"🤣
jk 😛

....and than you decided to redistribute (make duplicate) with 'vam included' loose hairstyle (Jackaroo/LeePompadour)? ...like a "noob"🤣
jk 😛
Haha! Well, I had no choice in that matter (other than not using this hairstyle).
Prepping the package automatically adds this - I don't know why: as you said it's VAM-included. Looks like a bug.
I decided not to care seeing the size of those files :p

Prepping the package automatically adds this
Naturally...you remove it afterwards (before finalizing), so you don't create dupes?
That's how it goes with loose (local) vam included files.
I don't know why: as you said it's VAM-included. Looks like a bug.
By default it is ("VaM included"), true, not as var package or hardcoded inside client.
If you don't include it (remove before finalizing) it still works. :p

By default it is ("VaM included"), true, not as var package or hardcoded inside client.
If you don't include it (remove before finalizing) it still works. :p
Thanks for the info! As it appeared as "Fixable" I thought VAM would consider the package as "broken" if I removed it. I'll give it a try!

I thought VAM would consider the package as "broken" if I removed it. I'll give it a try!
That is true for 'actual' custom loose content (you wanna include everything),
there will be reference errors/issues if you don't (you can manually remove them from meta...i personally can't be bothered with it)

referenceIssue.jpg

take my concepts as example:
"hadReferenceIssues" : "true",
"referenceIssues" : [
{
"reference" : "Custom/Scripts/MeshedVR/CycleForce.cs",
"issue" : "FIXABLE: References local file not included in package"
},
{
"reference" : "Custom/Scripts/MeshedVR/FloatParamRandomizer.cs",
}

obviously everyone have CycleForce.cs & FloatParamRandomizer.cs inside Scripts/MeshedVR by default.

or from generic looks:
"hadReferenceIssues" : "true",
"referenceIssues" : [
{
"reference" : "Custom/Hair/Female/RenVR/RenVR/Lexi Long (REN).vam",
}

the infamous loose hairstyles...that are duplicated about 'gazillion' times by now....

That is true for 'actual' custom loose content (you wanna include everything),
there will be reference errors/issues if you don't (you can manually remove them from meta...i personally can't be bothered with it)
Ok, so that's indeed what I thought: there is no way to cleanly remove it without triggering a "package issue".

Yeah, I'm a bit torn about this. Either I leave it as is (with this buggy duplicate), or I'll remove the duplicate and fix the meta.json. I don't like having "Package content issues" ^^'
But manually fixing the meta.json file feels a bit like cheating the packaging system... which is buggy on that aspect, so it's kind of ok?

I'm wondering what would be the "official" Hub position on this matter. If there is a Hub moderator around here: care to shed some light on this?

Yeah, I'm a bit torn about this. Either I leave it as is (with this buggy duplicate), or I'll remove the duplicate and fix the meta.json. I don't like having "Package content issues" ^^'
Image on this resource is great example (for those loose 'vam included' content).
But manually fixing the meta.json file feels a bit like cheating the packaging system... which is buggy on that aspect, so it's kind of ok?
Some creators remove sub-dependencies... what can i say... it just works™ 🤫
I'm wondering what would be the "official" Hub position on this matter. If there is a Hub moderator around here: care to shed some light on this?
👀🍿

Back
Top Bottom